Regular Contributor

Started week 3 last night. I haven't had any major problems, but I do have the dry, sandpaper skin exclusively around my mouth. It occurred to me a couple days ago, that there is much less surface area in the mouth zone than any other and therefore you are going over that same area much more often, which probably accounts for the dryness. I have also noticed that I hit the nasal labial folds when I'm doing my cheeks and also when I'm doing the mouth zone. I've really been making an attempt to not do that. Last night I only did about half the time on my mouth and moved down to my neck for the remainder of the time. Just my observation and wanted to put it out there for thought if you are having extra burning or dryness in those areas.

Seems most people are proceeding without much difficulty. Sorry to hear that a few are having a really hard time. Must be a tough decision as to whether to proceed or send it back. I have resolved to get through the 8 weeks, but I'm not really having problems so it's been an easy decision so far.

Frequent Contributor

I'm always surprised when I read about an 8 week program. My Tria came with a 12 week program. Are we all talking about the same device?

Trusted Contributor

Hi shannara, I too am doing the 8 week. I said before that I am not having any dryness or anything. I am just wondering why that isn't happening to me yet. And I agree about the mouth area and folds getting a double whammy!!! I too use it on my neck to avoid that.

Regular Contributor

Hi, LasVegas Dot

In reply to your question about the 8 week program -

MarenSeattle was the first to post about the Tria coming up on QVC. She had done a lot of research including reading a VERY long thread done by people in Canada who have had access to the Tria for over a year. The approved protocol for them was to use the Tria every night for 8 weeks and then take a 4 week rest period before beginning again if they wanted to. There was discussion here trying to decide if the 8 week was better than the 12 week approved here by the FDA. You are correct that the US protocol is 12 weeks, taking 2 nights off every week. Many here came to the conclusion that the 12 week protocol was the FDA being overly cautious and that the 8 week had been successfully used by other countries with no ill effects.

Another reason for using the 8 week is that most of the results occur in the off period of treatment. I decided that I would like to see what happens during those 4 weeks off and still be within the 3 month return time frame. There are many threads here that you can read with a lot of information if you want to know more.

Super Contributor

DOA!

Yesterday my Tria was still blinking after about 20 hours, but treatment went okay. Tonight, still blinking after 24 hours, but totally died just after I'd begun on my forehead. No juice at all, nothing when I'd punch the on/off button.

Thankfully, my new charger arrived today (I was beginning to think I didn't even need a new one). Now I'm miffed because they didn't even send it out until 8 days after they said they would. It's been 13 days total. But at least I have it now (if it works!) and my Tria is happily blinking again in its cradle. It will be interesting to see if it charges more quickly than it has been (about 8-10 hours).

I kind of feel like I was Chicken Little screaming about how much it was going to hurt and how awful the reaction would be, when in reality it's just pretty darn minimal. I'm somewhat red for a bit afterward, I have the sandpaper around my mouth, and the dryness.

But the sandpaper is like a "fine grade" and I was expecting it to look like huge flakes of oatmeal hanging off my face, wondering how I was ever going to cover it up.

The dryness is more just like a taut feeling rather than desert floor cracked and dry -- again, no big deal.

And although I feel my wrinkles are more pronounced, I really don't think anybody else would notice.

I realize I'm one of the lucky ones (and no one is more surprised than I), and now I feel EXTRA bad for those who are having a tough go or who just can't tolerate it.

By the way, the discomfort (that's almost too strong a word) lessens with each treatment, and the redness is less to begin with, and clears up much more quickly.

So, that's my report here at the beginning of my Week 3. :-)

PS -- I ordered some Avene Thermal Spring Water because a review I read on amazon said her plastic surgeon had given her some after her laser treatment, and I just think it will feel soothing and couldn't hurt. I also ordered 5 sample packets of the Cure Aqua Exfoliating Gel which is shipping from Japan so may take a while to arrive. I'll report on both.

Valued Contributor

Started week 2 tonight on level 3 and all went well.Some redness and burning which my copper p does not take away as it does when i get a burn from cooking..Weird..I used Jurlique Rose water tonight and that was cooling for a min or 2.Rednes and burning does not last to long so all is good.

A gal on a blog said she charged her unit 1x a week so i thought i would see how long mine would hold a charge..I got 1 night level 2 face,neck,chest(2cycles neck and chest each) and 1 night on 3 face and neck then it went dead.I did do 2 cycles on neck...I wonder why her unit goes for a week without charging it and ours dont??..I am gonna call tria and ask.I think they should all be the same unless something is wrong.Oh i have not changed my charger plug so maybe i will try that and see if it last longer.....Tria on ladies!

Trusted Contributor

I would like to know the answer to that too. I can't believe that gal gets a whole week with one time charging it. I get 2.5 treatments at level 3 and it has to be charged. To be honest, I don't like charging it this much either. I am wondering too if something may be wrong with the ones bought from QVC.

Super Contributor

I was ready to return my Tria due to concerns with charging and how well it may work out over the long haul but decided to hang on longer. My new charger came on Monday which was very quick and its now up and running again. I keep hoping the issue is JUST with the charger and the new one does remedy the situation.

I've had the device for 2 weeks but was unable to do treatments for the last half of the second week. THerefore I'm going to consider this week my 'week 2' and go with the 8 week protocol. Like others I'd like to know what sort of results I achieve within the 90 day return policy.

On the positive side I'm definitely less red on Level 2 and the 'sunburn' feeling has decreased. While I do find it uncomfortable to do its certainly not unbearable and my skin seems to be tolerating it better. Tonight I plan on going to Level 3 and hope for a similar experience. I have some mild rosacea and this device is amazing because my skin looks so good the next day. Normally my skin is normal to dry and this is making it quite dry especially my forehead but that is fine. The Josie Maran Argan Milk has been very helpful. I have a few forehead lines and one which is deeper. I'm shocked that I can already see and feel an improvement in that line! Normally when my skin gets drier the lines look worse. My forehead is super dry and it actually looks better. This early result is the primary reason I want to keep going. Other areas on my face look the same but I would not have expected anything else this early on.

As snowball mentioned I sure hope there is not anything wrong with the Trias sold by qvc. Well, nothing more than the obviously defective chargers!!!

Super Contributor
On 4/16/2014 bljed said:

I was ready to return my Tria due to concerns with charging and how well it may work out over the long haul but decided to hang on longer. My new charger came on Monday which was very quick and its now up and running again. I keep hoping the issue is JUST with the charger and the new one does remedy the situation.

I've had the device for 2 weeks but was unable to do treatments for the last half of the second week. THerefore I'm going to consider this week my 'week 2' and go with the 8 week protocol. Like others I'd like to know what sort of results I achieve within the 90 day return policy.

On the positive side I'm definitely less red on Level 2 and the 'sunburn' feeling has decreased. While I do find it uncomfortable to do its certainly not unbearable and my skin seems to be tolerating it better. Tonight I plan on going to Level 3 and hope for a similar experience. I have some mild rosacea and this device is amazing because my skin looks so good the next day. Normally my skin is normal to dry and this is making it quite dry especially my forehead but that is fine. The Josie Maran Argan Milk has been very helpful. I have a few forehead lines and one which is deeper. I'm shocked that I can already see and feel an improvement in that line! Normally when my skin gets drier the lines look worse. My forehead is super dry and it actually looks better. This early result is the primary reason I want to keep going. Other areas on my face look the same but I would not have expected anything else this early on.

As snowball mentioned I sure hope there is not anything wrong with the Trias sold by qvc. Well, nothing more than the obviously defective chargers!!!

My new charger got it charged in about 3 hours (or less -- that's when I checked). Someone posted that the "folding" plug was what was causing the problem. My new one is black and doesn't fold, if that makes sense.

Out of all the reviews I read complaining about charging problems, I think there may have been one or two that actually had a dud unit or charging cradle. That's going to happen no matter what, but that indicates to me the device itself is good. We've got a year warranty if there's a problem down the road.

Valued Contributor
On 4/16/2014 snowball said:

I would like to know the answer to that too. I can't believe that gal gets a whole week with one time charging it. I get 2.5 treatments at level 3 and it has to be charged. To be honest, I don't like charging it this much either. I am wondering too if something may be wrong with the ones bought from QVC.

Good morning!

Called TRia CS this morning and asked about that and they said 2 days is the norm and they dont know why hers goes a week..They suggest just keeping it in the charger..I thought maybe each night would be a charge going against our 400 charges max and she said each night would be a partial charge not a full one subtracting from our 400.Hope that makes sense?!

She also said people who use the Tria for the 12 weeks then store there unit without charging it will make the battery go bad faster..She said to leave it in charger OR charge every 2 weeks when not using..Thats good to know..