Super Contributor

I have used the products for 3 days now but today when I used the products as usual I looked in the mirror two hours later and my left cheek had 3 milia's popping up. They weren't there before. Is that a side effect of the product working or is my skin telling me to stop using the stuff. It is a lot of product, a cleanser, wipe, eye cream, serum and two face creams. I washed my face with rice water cleanser, used witch hazel and my regular cream. Then put Dri Lo on the milia. There aren't anymore popping up.

Respected Contributor

Re: Help!! SSC Vitamin A Kit...

I don't think millia would be a side effect of something working. You might want to try one product at a time to see what works and what is not agreeing with you. The other products might be good, and the price of the kit was probably good as well….. Was this part of the kit with the egg?

Super Contributor

On 4/15/2014 itsMe said:

I don't think millia would be a side effect of something working. You might want to try one product at a time to see what works and what is not agreeing with you. The other products might be good, and the price of the kit was probably good as well….. Was this part of the kit with the egg?

No, but it was shown during the show with the egg. Last night I didn't use anything but the eye cream and no new milia. It was a good price and came with a nice navy and white bag. The thing I wonder is if you have to use that many products wouldn't it just be better to get one good retinol product.

Super Contributor

Hi Katluvr58,

I had the same problem with their Vitamin A serum back in the late 90s when I started taking my skincare needs seriously. Millia were popping up all over my face & neck!!! I called their customer service (don't even know if they still have a CS) and they told me to use their scrub. Of course I knew a scrub wasn't going to take care of the problem. I have since moved on to Perricone products which I love! I have tried different skincare brands, but always come back to Perricone products.

Can you send the products back?

asltw

Honored Contributor

I can tell you that the SSC 4 Million IU A Cream has always been petroleum based, could that be the culprit?

Super Contributor

On 4/15/2014 ASLTW said:

Hi Katluvr58,

I had the same problem with their Vitamin A serum back in the late 90s when I started taking my skincare needs seriously. Millia were popping up all over my face & neck!!! I called their customer service (don't even know if they still have a CS) and they told me to use their scrub. Of course I knew a scrub wasn't going to take care of the problem. I have since moved on to Perricone products which I love! I have tried different skincare brands, but always come back to Perricone products.

asltw

Yes, thank you, it will be going back. I've been waiting for a PTR retinol sale but decided this was more product for my money. It may be more but my skin hates it. I may just try skinceuticals or Paula Choice or continue with PTR neuroliquid till he has a sale. I have never had a milia problem till yesterday.

Super Contributor

I highly recommend Paula's Choice Intensive Retinol Serum. I love how it feels on my skin! I have not had any irritation with it either. Personally, I think it is not necessary to use more than one retinol product. I did use to use SSC but moved on as I learned more about ingredients and which ones would work best for my concerns. Some of the ingredients they use can be irritants and I really don't like that they use the preservative DMDM HYDANTOIN in some of their products. It releases formaldehyde.

Super Contributor

Katluvr, sorry that happened to you. I have milia and once there, the only solution I've found is to go to a derm to get them professionally removed, esp if near the eye area.

eta: The 2 face creams could possibly be the culprit. Smiley Sad

Super Contributor

On 4/15/2014 ASLTW said:

Hi Katluvr58,

asltw

ASLTW, may I ask how you were able to get rid of the milia? Did you have to go to a doctor, or did you find a self-help method? I'd love to get rid of mine.

Super Contributor

Kat, just found out Dermstore is having a sale and they sell Perricone.

20% off everything

eta: oops! They also sell PTR who is what you like. Smiley Happy