Trusted Contributor

Beauty purchase from E-bay not arriving...what do I do?

Seller said it was mailed via post office 3/28/14

to arrive between 4/2 thru 4/10

I e-mailed the seller on 4/10 that I have not received it, no response back

how long do I wait to file with e-bay?

Thanks!

(seller did take my money from Paypal)

Super Contributor

Re: Beauty purchase from E-bay not arriving...what do I do?

I had an issue once. I sent the seller 3 emails and they did not respond so I called ebay and they told me to call the seller to see if I could get it resolved. Well I called and they hung up on me. At some point I did file a complaint with eBay. It was either before attempting to contact the seller or after I got hung up on. I did call ebay again. My money was refunded and the seller was removed from eBay, so I guess they wouldn't cooperate with eBay either. Sorry, I can't remember if the post office lost my package or the seller never shipped it.

I recommend sending at least one more email and then I would contact ebay.

Honored Contributor

Did the seller provide a tracking number? If she didn't, and if she's avoiding you, she could be pulling a fast one on you. Did you check her feedback before purchasing? Whatever you do, use the eBay system for any communication as there will be a record of your attempts to contact her and eBay will be able to see that. You certainly should have received your item(s) by now. I'd start the process. When eBay rules in your favor, they will make sure to get your money to you and charge the sellers account accordingly. If your package arrives tomorrow or the next day you can close your case.

Honored Contributor

I would send one more e-mail asking for a response ASAP. If you don't receive one within 24 hours, click on the "Customer Support" link at the top of the page and follow the directions from there.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Thanks all

I will send another e-mail

Seller has a 99.2% rating, only 242 completed transactions, 65 new listings

feedback is great, everyone says how fast the shipping was, so sounds like a "lost in the mail" problem

BUT

they still should e-mail me back

Trusted Contributor

and yes, there was tracking #, but no info about transit at all, was blank

Super Contributor

On 4/14/2014 AnnMarie-1 said:

Thanks all

I will send another e-mail

Seller has a 99.2% rating, only 242 completed transactions, 65 new listings

feedback is great, everyone says how fast the shipping was, so sounds like a "lost in the mail" problem

BUT

they still should e-mail me back

That is part that bothers me. She should have got back to you. I would email her three times total. If still no response from buyer, then report it.
Super Contributor

The seller is suppose to give you a tracking number. File an "Item Not Received" with PayPal.

It doesn't matter if it's lost in the mail, the seller is responsible for getting your purchase to you. If they don't, PayPal will refund you.

Trusted Contributor

I e-mailed seller back (this time via what e-bay said to do) & didn't realize it would open a e-bay case up, never said it would open a case up, oh well, now it sits with the seller

Super Contributor

On 4/14/2014 AnnMarie-1 said:

I e-mailed seller back (this time via what e-bay said to do) & didn't realize it would open a e-bay case up, never said it would open a case up, oh well, now it sits with the seller

Once you open up a case, it usually puts fire under the seller's bum because they don't want a bad rating. If it doesn't and they don't get back to you within the time allowed, ebay will refund the money for you.

I've had this happen a couple times and usually the seller responds, only one time the seller never responded and ebay refunded the money.