Respected Contributor

Do You Remember Rosewater and Glycerin?

This is an old-fashioned skin remedy that I remember usinig as a teen. I don't particularly care for rose-scented beauty products (though I like the smell of roses{#emotions_dlg.confused1}), but it's subtle and dissipates quickly.

With the disappearance of the independent pharmacies, it's not the staple on the shelves that it once was, though there are still a few places that carry it. I rediscovered it when a favorite hand cream was discontinued. I don't do online shopping, so I mix my own, buying the glycerin and rosewater separately.

It's a great skin-softener in the winter, but wonderful in the summer because it's light.

What worries you masters you.
Valued Contributor

Re: Do You Remember Rosewater and Glycerin?

Interesting. I've just been reading about glycerine and rose water for the purpose of a setting spray to be used after make up is applied. I was thinking of getting some and just assumed I could get it from the health food store.
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I love the one from Heritage. Sometimes I just spritz on my hands, and it is enough to keep them hydrated. This light rose scent I really like!

I can't really call it a toner, but I use it after cleansing a.m. & p.m. for the antioxys from the roses and hydration from the glycerin.

My health food store used to carry it, but now I order from Vitacost.

Moonlady, where do you get your rose water and glycerin?

Honored Contributor

I remember my mom using Rosewater & Glycerine when I was a little kid, before she "upgraded" to Oil of Olay pink Beauty Fluid.

Honored Contributor

I had never heard of it before SuzyQ3 (I think it was) mentioned she bought some at Whole Foods for only $10. I tried it and do like it but think it is a bit too heavy to use as a setting spray for my makeup.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I remember my Grandmother using it.

I can also remember Corn Huskers lotion too.

Trusted Contributor

You can still buy Rosewater and Glycerine items. Crabtree & Evelyn has some items. Camille Beckman also has some. There are several brands available on Amazon. I never used it on my face but used the hand cream. I never found the scent to be overwhelming and the one that Crabtree & Evelyn sold was the best hand cream that I ever used.

Esteemed Contributor

If you search on the internet for rosewater and glycerin products you'll find a few things. You don't hear about them because manufacturers are all about advertising their latest greatest products; or their latest spin (copykat) of someone else's hot product. A great example is the big push of oils-- all of which were developed due to the high success of Josie Maran's oil-based line.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't use rosewater but I bought a bottle of glycerine a couple of years ago at either CVS or Walgreens. I love it!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Oh my ........ that brings back memories ....... I remember this great rosewater and glycerinhand cream that came in a tube .....

BTW, Corn Huskers lotion is still available in drug stores!