Contributor
I'm 55, diabetic (don't know if that or diabetes meds) have anything to do with this, but I'm noticing thinning hair on the sides of my head. I know Lisa swears by this product, but would love to hear the good and/or bad if you've used or are using this. Thanks!
Honored Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers Great Hair Day

It works very well. Lost my hair to chemo and now that I take meds for 5 years my hair is very fine and thin and my parts are a little wider than before. It's easy to apply and stays until you wash your hair.

Respected Contributor

I tried it to use to cover the greys on my hair line, etc., in between tints.

Conclusion: Waste of $.

1) it stinks! Smells horrible!

2) it breaks-up and crumbles and is very messy you can't use it so I threw it away.

Now, I use hair mascara to cover greys until my next appt.

Save your $.

Valued Contributor

Unlike Skylands, I notice no smell at all with the Great Hair Day. I have used it for a couple of years and have gone through three of them with no issues. I have dark brown hair and I can use either the brunette or the dark blonde. It stays on better than other products of this type. I also have a "spray" type from Nick Chavez and it works well too and is a little quicker to use but it will run if I get caught in the rain.

I love the great hair day for just filling in my part and making my hair look fuller on top.

Respected Contributor

It is NOT designed to cover gray hairs, roots or any hair. It goes on your scalp to create shadow. Many of the bad reviews I read are from people who thought the product was something else.

Regular Contributor

I highly recommend this. I'm starting menopause and I noticed some thinning on top and sides. I make several parts going back ....from ear to ear dabbing powder along each part. I swear by this too Smiley Happy No fallout, no odor, no scalp showing now!

Respected Contributor

On 4/13/2014 traveler said:

It is NOT designed to cover gray hairs, roots or any hair. It goes on your scalp to create shadow. Many of the bad reviews I read are from people who thought the product was something else.

fyi.................Joan touts this product to cover greys as well as thinning hair on the scalp.

Super Contributor

testing

ignore this one.

Super Contributor

My daughter is diabetic,she loves this product.I also use the gray for my eyebrows. No smell what so ever.
Honored Contributor

I've used it and I think it works great. My advice though is to not go very dark. As with everything it comes out darker than what you see.

I have brown hair (maybe light brown) definitely not blonde, but I use the blonde color. If they have a very light brown I'd order that. You can always send it back.

If you want to you can order two colors and send one back. I did that.