Honored Contributor

I was thinking about buying a couple of these lip crayons or pencils (whatever you want to call them). I have read that some people feel they are drying on their lips and not moisturizing at all. My question to those who have tried them are they moisturizing or not? Also do you feel the price of $24 is worth it?TIA

Respected Contributor
Definitely not moisturizing, but I wouldn't necessarily call them drying. I'll tell you what I do, and I struggle with lip dryness (always have): I apply lip balm when I start doing my MU. Then, I blot them with a tissue right before applying the art stick (last MU step). Voila!
Respected Contributor

I have 2-Dusty Pink and Rose Brown. Of the 2, I prefer the shade of Rose Brown, much more natural. The Dusty Pink seems to oxidize on me to a florid pink shade fairly quickly-within minutes. They are dry b/c it's supposed to be a matte lip. I add Dior Lip Max before applying it and it's convenient. It has it's own sharpener, which is a big help. I would purchase the Rose Brown again.

Honored Contributor

Thank you both for your replies. Now I'm not so sure I'm going to get them. They are a bit pricey and I do have Revlon and Clinique chubby lip crayons.

Frequent Contributor

I agree with FUTURE as to the moisturizing issue. It surpasses the quality of the Clinique pencil, which I found to be very drying and had no staying power. The color I bought was brighter than I thought it would be, but I'm going to get another.