Occasional Contributor

Alternative Way to Apply Bare Minerals Serum Foundation

Like many of those who have tried the new serum foundation, I found it settled into my pores, which are large, in a noticeably unattractive way. So, rather than use the brush it came with, I tried a different method, and I love the result. I use my Beauty Blender. This is a make-up applicator sponge I purchased from Sephora. Here is what I did: applied moisturizer, then applied Bare Minerals Prime Time make-up primer. This step alone improved the appearance of the serum foundation. It helps prevent settling into pores. Next, shook serum foundation bottle quite well. Thoroughly wet the Beauty Blender under running water, then squeezed it out very well. Placed a drop of the serum foundation on the Blender, then dabbed it onto my skin. I repeated this process until I achieved my desired coverage. I did not rub the sponge Blender on my skin, I dabbed it and gently smoothed it on my skin.. The unique shape of this Blender provides a narrow, pointed end that is excellent for applying the make-up around the nose area, which is where I usually get settling into my pores. I am now very satisfied with the make-up and feel I have achieved an even, smooth and natural-looking application. I will use the brush for some other make-up purpose. And no, I do not own a percentage of the Beauty Blender! I just think it is a wonderful applicator that never let's me down! And it has saved me from returning the foundation.
Super Contributor

Re: Alternative Way to Apply Bare Minerals Serum Foundation

That sounds like a great idea. Love the beauty blender
Super Contributor

Great idea! I received mine on Friday and haven't had a chance to use it yet...after all the reviews I'm reading I will keep this in mind...
Super Contributor

I have a Beauty Blender so will try this. Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds too time consuming to me. The brush works great and if you use a good primer like Skinn's orchid gel, you won't have to go through all those other steps. This foundation looks fabulous using the a primer and the brush.
Super Contributor

Thank you! I'm wearing it for the first time today and there's a little pore puddling plus white lines in my wrinkles. Tomorrow I'll try my Beauty Blender. Lots of us here love the BB!