Super Contributor

~ NOTW ~ (Nail of The Week!)

Hello Lovelies, and Happy Saturday!

It's been a nice week here weather-wise and where you are as well, I hope. Of course there is lots of gardening to be done as the plants come out of winter dormancy. We still have Spring bulbs blooming and the Iris are coming on now.

The mani I'll show you today is from a couple of weeks ago (I'm not sure how my mani's got ahead of my posts, but I'll stay in sequence).

I began with Nailtiques Formula 1 (I've since returned to Formula 2) as a base coat,

I'm still enamored with OPI "Solitaire", so the ring and pinkie fingers are sporting three coats, sans base and top coat,

Essie "Eternal Optimist", 2 coats, on the middle and index fingers,

Essie "Blanc" on the thumb (not shown), Seche Vite top coat.

I stamped the index fingers with Konad Special Polish "White" and the thumbs with Essie "Eternal Optimist" and the shell design from the MoYou London Sailor 05 image plate,

and finished with a small pearl at the base of the middle finger, and another coat of S.V.

Inspiration credit: The Nailasaurus . com

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2qajo28.jpg

All in all, a Spring-y look, I thought.

What are you wearing on your nails this week, Lovelies?

Lola
Valued Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of The Week!)

I'm going to get a bottle of "Eternal Optimist". It's the kind of shade I always search for but never find.

This look is so feminine and refreshing.

My toes are wearing Solitaire this week! My nails are a warm grey from Gelish, "Fashion Week Chic".

Cynthia

Honored Contributor

Hi Lola,

It is beautiful here this week and I have to say we deserve it after the Winter we went through. It is still too early to plant flowers here but I am getting in the mood in a big way. We are starting to clean up outside......unfortunately that has to be done first.

I am really liking the OPI Solitaire. I am currently giving my nails a breather. I do that about once a month. I will get a mani next week for Easter. I want something different and I'm sure your fabulous creations will help me in that decision.

I have to compliment your eye for color combining...everything you put together looks so complimentary. Smile

Super Contributor

On 4/12/2014 2cockers1cat said:

I'm going to get a bottle of "Eternal Optimist". It's the kind of shade I always search for but never find.

My toes are wearing Solitaire this week! My nails are a warm grey from Gelish, "Fashion Week Chic".

Cynthia

Hi Cynthia, I'm glad you like "Eternal Optimist" enough to get it, and you got "Solitaire" too?! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I had it on my toes too, pedi-before-this-one. "Fashion Week Chic" does look very urban chic!

Have a great weekend!

Lola
Super Contributor

On 4/12/2014 DREAMON said:

Hi Lola,

It is beautiful here this week and I have to say we deserve it after the Winter we went through. It is still too early to plant flowers here but I am getting in the mood in a big way. We are starting to clean up outside......unfortunately that has to be done first.

I am really liking the OPI Solitaire. I am currently giving my nails a breather. I do that about once a month. I will get a mani next week for Easter. I want something different and I'm sure your fabulous creations will help me in that decision.

I have to compliment your eye for color combining...everything you put together looks so complimentary. Smile

I'm so happy to hear you're having some great weather, DREAMON! Gardening work is [almost] a pleasure when you can be outside in the balmy air.

The mani I put on last night would be perfect for Easter, I have a top to go with it too, but I guess I'll have to repeat it, since it won't be fresh enough by then.

Thank you so much for the compliment -- I accept with the admission that I've copied someone else's "eye", but it's what I like too. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Lola
Valued Contributor

On 4/12/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:

Cynthia

Hi Cynthia, I'm glad you like "Eternal Optimist" enough to get it, and you got "Solitaire" too?! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I had it on my toes too, pedi-before-this-one. "Fashion Week Chic" does look very urban chic!

Have a great weekend!

Ordered the Essie from eBay.

The cockers are endlessly patrolling our fence line today. They seem delighted there are no snow patches impeding their progress anymore. Our Mr. Dickens is at the screen door eying the squirrels dancing tauntingly across the top fence rail.

Super Contributor

On 4/12/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:

Cynthia

Have a great weekend!

Ordered the Essie from eBay.

The cockers are endlessly patrolling our fence line today. They seem delighted there are no snow patches impeding their progress anymore. Our Mr. Dickens is at the screen door eying the squirrels dancing tauntingly across the top fence rail.

Sounds like cocker paradise. We used to have squirrels sitting on our fence columns, but not for several years. At our other house, the neighborhood cat would sit on top of the wall and tease the yorkies. I think both parties enjoyed themselves.

Lola
Super Contributor

Very bitten stubs {#emotions_dlg.crying}.

Those are pretty nail colors. I like the index finger pattern.

How long does it take you Lola? Just filing, buffing, & pushing back cuticles takes me a half hour. I'm slow.

Honored Contributor

I think the white sands and peachy sky work. I'd call this mani ""Tularosa.""

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Essie Eternal Optimist is my hg shade-beautiful shell pink, perfect for spring and Easter season. Very light and feminine this week!