Contributor

Would you buy skincare if...

...the representative has an obvious face lift, botox, filler, etc?

Super Contributor

Re: Would you buy skincare if...

"Obvious"? You mean, someone who's 90 but looks 40?

Valued Contributor

I just assume they've all had at least one thing done to their faces. Whether or not it's obvious just means the procedure didn't go so well. No matter what procedures a person has, you still have to take care of your skin. Also, I'm sure if they didn't do anything we would hear about how so and so looks terrible. No win situation.

Super Contributor

I haven't purchased any beauty products from Joan Rivers' line; purchased a few of her jackets.

Trusted Contributor

Skincare addresses the texture and clarity which is not the point of a facelift, Botox, etc. having said that, I don't really buy into skincare claims. My dermatologist said that it is all about sunscreen, moisturizer and retin A/retinol, the rest is all pretty much BS. "...use it if you like and want to spend the money but it isn't really going to make much difference..." Of course, office procedures like the various laser treatments are very effective.
Super Contributor

Good point Jerseygirl1266. You have to take care of your skin from an early age. Suddenly starting to take care of it later in life may help somewhat, but not as much as if you'd used the sunscreen from the start and stuck with it.

I'm part of the generation that went out in the summer when we were teenagers and deliberately got sunburned and tanned. We're paying the price for that now.

Respected Contributor

If I found the product interesting enough, I wouldn't care about what the person had in the way of plastic surgery. But, I would be very wary if they were telling me that the cream would firm my skin like their's. I guess it depends on the product & the claims that they are making.

Super Contributor

I don't care. I assume in this day in age most people are doing something to their face. Why not? Skincare only does so much. Cristina Carlito used to say "skincare is the dry cleaner, plastic surgeons are the tailor."

Super Contributor

I couldn't care less who the vendor is, how they look, etc. I think the subliminal message is 'if you use my product, you will look as good as I do'. I go strictly by ingredients.

Regular Contributor

Yes I would even though I would realize they are not getting those results from their products Smiley Happy