Regular Contributor

What foundation to you buy again and again?

Honestly, I don't think I have every repurchased a foundation, and I am well into my 60s...anyone have recommendations of foundation that they purchase over and over again?

I seem to try new ones...with only moderate success. Nothing seems to be my Holy Grail yet...who has some ideas?

Honored Contributor

Re: What foundation to you buy again and again?

I know Perricone has it's critics, but I love No Foundation Foundation, in the regular color. I haven't tried the fair. I am 66, with light to medium complextion, I have faded freckles..lots. I do have nice skin, a few dark spots from freckles and age. I never wore foundation until I was about 60. I hated the feeling of it on my skin. I would rub it, and feel dry or icky all day. Then I found BB hydrating foundation, and I wore that with much love and success , until I discovered NFF about 2 years ago. Let me start off by saying, if you like medium to heavy coverage this won't work. If you like a dewy, finished glow then Perricone NFF is for you. I use a few drops and it covers well. Lasts quite a while.

For more coverage I highly recommend Bobbi Brown.

Occasional Contributor

Smashbox HALO Perfecting powder. I apply with a kabuki brush and get a great finish that works for me.

Honored Contributor

"Make-Up Forever HD" liquid foundation, the best ever and I have tried a lot! I'm 62 and very fair. I have problems with foundations being too pink or too yellow. I found the perfect shade in this brand.

"Jane Iredale's mineral powder foundation", have used this for years.

Yes, I buy these over and over.

Super Contributor

I used to always go to a Revlon foundation in Ivory Beige that was beautiful on my skin. The women at the Prescriptives counter thought it was my custom blended formula. I'm not sure Revlon has that "version" of foundation any longer.

Then I began loving powder foundation and wore Mac Studio Fix for years -- no need to look elsewhere UNTIL QVC convinced me Bare Minerals would be even better. And I pretty much agree.

THEN found a jaw-dropping flawless foundation in Prescriptives Anywhere Stick (had moved on from powder because I was becoming more dry as I got older). Then Prescriptives went out of business.

My search contines. Ideally I really like a powder but realize that might not be something I can do at 61. Just got the Bare Minerals Serum Foundation -- it's nice, it'll work, but not an HG for sure.

What are we to do? :-(

Occasional Contributor

I just got the new bare minerals serum foundation and I was very impressed with it. I also like the it cosmetics cc cream with the it cosmetics celebration foundation over it.
Occasional Contributor

Oh, I just answered the question but forgot to tell you I'm 64.
Super Contributor

Physicians Formula Loose Mineral foundation in Translucent Medium. I've been using it for years.

Super Contributor

The only ones I think I've ever repurchased are perricone no foundation in the original color, Laura mercier tinted moisturizer (I've bought thus one most) and I will repurchase trish mcevoy even skin treatment foundation. It's pricey, but worth it and I can get it a little cheaper when she has 20% off sales. I do like lancome renergie lift foundation too and would consider repurchasing it.
Honored Contributor

The only foundation I recall buying more than once was the Cover Girl Olay one Ellen advertized a few years back.

I might have purchased BE original loose mineral foundation more than once but I don't recall. It has been a long time.

There are not many skincare/makeup products I buy a second time.