Frequent Contributor

I'm using the latest Tria Laser for the face. My problem is the awful dragging or skipping across my face. Has anyone else have this? What are you doing? I called Tria Beauty, and the lady just said to hold it lighter against my skin. When I do, it starts to shut off. Last night I used baby powder on my face. It was very smooth, but I don't think I got the full benefit of the laser. HELP! I need ideas. Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

That happened to me the second night. I found that after I wash, I wait around 5 minutes until my face is completely dry. It hasn't done that anymore. Just glide it over lightly and fast, not slow. Good Luck.

Frequent Contributor

I have a lot of issues with this thing. I have your issue, and I have to continually wipe off the contacts as if they get greasy. I can never keep it on long enough to hear any beeps because I turn it off to 'reset' it. I finally get the whole thing done but it takes about 4 times longer than it should.

Super Contributor

Are you referring to the hair removal or age defying laser device?

Frequent Contributor

age defying laser...

Super Contributor
On 4/11/2014 LasVegas Dot said:

age defying laser...

Like snowball mentioned, when the skin is moist, it can skip. AND like the Tria CS said, when I push too hard (I found I was trying to "iron" out my wrinkles) it causes me to lose contact, too. There are places on my face where I always have a little problem -- above the lips, between my brows, because of the bony structure. I've also held some of my skin taut while gliding, too.

The problem is, we never know if it's really a funky unit, or if we're doing something wrong. :-(

Super Contributor
On 4/11/2014 bunsnpigs said:

I have a lot of issues with this thing. I have your issue, and I have to continually wipe off the contacts as if they get greasy. I can never keep it on long enough to hear any beeps because I turn it off to 'reset' it. I finally get the whole thing done but it takes about 4 times longer than it should.

That sounds like too many issues -- have you called CS?

Regular Contributor

I had the same skipping issues the other night, and mine too was because I had just gotten home, it was late and I washed my face and didn't dry it enough. I normally do mine in the am when I am on conference calls and my face is very dry.

Super Contributor
On 4/11/2014 bunsnpigs said:

Tonight I continually lost contact in my problem areas. After doing that a few times, I couldn't get it to start up again until I moved it to a DIFFERENT part of my face, and it started right back up. But for a few moments, it seemed dead in the water.

Frequent Contributor

Last night was my best night so far. Accidentally, I was holding the unit much higher up towards the top, not on the handle. I had the best control of the unit so far. Each night seems to be trial and error to get this right. Last night was night 7, 2 on, 2 off, then 5 on, and now will be 2 off.