Regular Contributor

Your Favorite Self Tanner.......

One that doesn't streak, turn orange, etc. I love Shawn's tan. Does anyone know if she uses a self tanner, and if so, what brand? I'm sure she may talk about it on Facebook, which I am not a part of. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks ladies and have a Great Day!!

Regular Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Self Tanner.......

Hi Peetie57, I'm not sure about Shawn, but I've recently been using bareMinerals Faux Tan and I like it really well! Lisa R. uses it and she says that she uses it year round. I ordered mine when Jill was presenting, and she said that it tans everyone differently based on a person's complexion. I've used it two times and the color I obtain is the same color I get when I tan. I personally love it! It has a very pleasant smell as well, light and a hint of almond. I went on auto-delivery. Go ahead and try it, you have the thirty days. Oh, I should tell you that when you open it, the color kind of looks green and I was rather apprehensive at first, but I promise that when you apply it, it is beautiful. I bought disposable gloves at Walmart and my hubby puts it on me...lol...he only uses the little brush, that comes with it, around my ankles and on my feet. Hope this helps!
Honored Contributor

I thought I heard Shawn say she uses St. Tropez but I'm not 100% sure. Shawn was fairly recently in Turks & Caicos so some of her tan might be natural.

Regular Contributor

On 4/11/2014 FASHIONISTA DIVA said: Hi Peetie57, I'm not sure about Shawn, but I've recently been using bareMinerals Faux Tan and I like it really well! Lisa R. uses it and she says that she uses it year round. I ordered mine when Jill was presenting, and she said that it tans everyone differently based on a person's complexion. I've used it two times and the color I obtain is the same color I get when I tan. I personally love it! It has a very pleasant smell as well, light and a hint of almond. I went on auto-delivery. Go ahead and try it, you have the thirty days. Oh, I should tell you that when you open it, the color kind of looks green and I was rather apprehensive at first, but I promise that when you apply it, it is beautiful. I bought disposable gloves at Walmart and my hubby puts it on me...lol...he only uses the little brush, that comes with it, around my ankles and on my feet. Hope this helps!

Thanks! I have looked at this brand before. I will definitely give it some thought. Like you say, I have 30 days if I don't like it. Have a good day!

Regular Contributor

On 4/11/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I thought I heard Shawn say she uses St. Tropez but I'm not 100% sure. Shawn was fairly recently in Turks & Caicos so some of her tan might be natural.

I did hear Shawn talk about her vacation. I am not able to get in the sun due to having had Melanoma and Basil Cell Carcinoma. {#emotions_dlg.sad} I would really like a bit of color and not look like Casper the Ghost all summer! Of course, this is my personal preference. Thank you and have a Great Day!

Super Contributor

I love L'Oreal Sublime self tanner in the spray can. It looks natural, goes on even and the spray can makes it easy to use.

Honored Contributor

The sun

Honored Contributor

I've read the best things about Tan Towel for ease of use and level of color. I'm fair and I've read the best things about Tan Towel for fair skinned people.

I've used Jergen's Nautural Glow moisturizers before, because it comes in formulas for fair/light and medium/dark skintones. It's a gradual tanner that builds up over time and it worked well when I used it on my legs. I think I'm going with Tan Towel for a wedding where I'm in the wedding party and have to wear a strapless dress because I think Tan Towel will be easier to get my back with. I'm going to try some next week.

I just recently bought Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster, a small bottle of tanner that you add to your regular face moisturizer to add a little glow. I used it last night and it gave me a subtle bit of color. I could repeat it tonight and deepen the color, but I don't want to have mismatched parts and have my face be darker than the rest of me, so I'll keep it subtle. I also don't want it to interfere with the Tan Towel I need to experiment with before the wedding late next month.

Tarte also as a new Maracuja Oil that has a self-tanner in it. Maracuja Bronzing Serum is meant for your face and is exclusive to Sephora right now.

Super Contributor

On 4/11/2014 FASHIONISTA DIVA said: Hi Peetie57, I'm not sure about Shawn, but I've recently been using bareMinerals Faux Tan and I like it really well! Lisa R. uses it and she says that she uses it year round. I ordered mine when Jill was presenting, and she said that it tans everyone differently based on a person's complexion. I've used it two times and the color I obtain is the same color I get when I tan. I personally love it! It has a very pleasant smell as well, light and a hint of almond. I went on auto-delivery. Go ahead and try it, you have the thirty days. Oh, I should tell you that when you open it, the color kind of looks green and I was rather apprehensive at first, but I promise that when you apply it, it is beautiful. I bought disposable gloves at Walmart and my hubby puts it on me...lol...he only uses the little brush, that comes with it, around my ankles and on my feet. Hope this helps!

I agree with FD!

Purchased Faux Tan when it was a TSV a while back and haven't looked back!

As with any self tanner, you need to exfoliate well, apply in small sections, blend & moisturize!

Hoping they will bring back that huge bottle with a pump & a brush!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

My Product Recommendations
Regular Contributor

Thanks ladies for the ideas! I will give these a look and see which one may fit my needs. Hope everyone has a Super Week-end! Getting ready to leave my office and enjoy the evening with my DH!