Super Contributor

Where do you buy your retin A without a script?

Been awhile since I purchased, price has gone up since I bought it. On my last tube.

Thanks

Frequent Contributor

Re: Where do you buy your retin A without a script?

Only place i know is Mexico. But imo, Skinceuticals 1.0% Retinol is just as potent as Rx Retin A
Trusted Contributor

All Day Chemist (or Chemists) maybe.

Trusted Contributor

ADC - this is the one I buy.

http://www.alldaychemist.com/retino-a-cream-025.html

I send a money order. I do not use my credit card since one bad experience with the last place.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Trusted Contributor

I think there have been a few instances reported here about their credit cards being used fraudulently after buying from some of these out of country sites so using a money order or getting a "one time use" credit card from your bank is a good idea. The products are fine but to avoid any cc concerns, I second not using your own regular cards.

Many retinols now seem to be as effective for some users. I have used Retina A as well as a retinol product that really had the same results. If anything, the peeling was more obvious and persistent with the retinol (I am drawing a blank on the brand but will find it and post)

Peter Thomas Roth has a 1.5% retinol that is supposedly very mild but a 1% percentage has been compared in studies to actual RA and shown to be as effective. I read about those studies years ago now - I know they compared the strongest retinol available at the time which I believe back then was 1% to an RA of .25% with comparable results.

Regular Contributor

I've used taraskincare.net for the last year or so. Nothing but good things to say about them, and the prices are low.
Trusted Contributor

All Day Chemist. I use a prepaid debit card to place orders.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/11/2014 Krissie62 said: I've used taraskincare.net for the last year or so. Nothing but good things to say about them, and the prices are low.

Where is taraskincare located? Do you know how their prices compare to sites like All Day Chemist and such? I've not heard of them but that means nothing since I haven't kept up on where to order RA in a long time. Plus always good to hear about positives experiences with any site. Did you feel their shipping prices were reasonably decent? Thanks

Super Contributor

I just looked at ADC. I'm very confused - it's only about $3 for tentinoin? How is that possible - I see they charge $25 for shipping, but I don't get the crazy low prices for the products themselves. Not bashing, just truly confused.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/11/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:

I just looked at ADC. I'm very confused - it's only about $3 for tentinoin? How is that possible - I see they charge $25 for shipping, but I don't get the crazy low prices for the products themselves. Not bashing, just truly confused.

This has been true for awhile now - gives a real perspective on how much of a mark-up on pharmaceuticals there really is, especially here in the US. They do charge a lot for shipping which I suspect is how they can make some profit yet shipping from some of these countries to the US isn't all that cheap to start with. I have read of comparable pricing from numerous sites that many have used over the last few years. What many have done is order 3 or more of the RA so it makes the shipping more bearable (as they won't have to re-order for a year or more)