Super Contributor

Cleansing Oil - Do you have a favorite?

Hello Beauties,

I have been on a cleansing oil kick. My skin has never felt better!

I am really enjoying Laura Mercier's and also have tried Shiseido's. I am eyeing the Bobby Brown one, and Josie Maran, but have not tried them yet.

Which have you tried? Do you have a favorite?

Respected Contributor

Re: Cleansing Oil - Do you have a favorite?

I have only tried Josie Maran (I'm on a kick with her products lately). It is my first venture into a cleansing oil -- and I love it. Removes eye makeup very effectively and leaves my skin feeling moisturized. I follow with a few drops of argan oil and I'm done.

Honored Contributor

I've only tried Dr. Young's Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil (get it on Amazon), and have repurchased a couple of times. I thought about trying DHC, but since I like the one I'm using, it's hard to "cheat".

Trusted Contributor

I love my Shu Uemura Sublime Cleansing Oil. This one was perfect for the cold weather because it's for dry skin. I may switch to another one in their line for the summer when my skin is less dry.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Trusted Contributor

duplicate post

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Frequent Contributor

I use Josie's and love it. Just bought my 2nd bottle. I have tried the Julep one and didn't care for it. I would also like to try the new BM one that came out.

Honored Contributor

I've tried several, but my favorites are cleansing balms made with oils. They work the same way, but they're a little easier to use. The two I use melt makeup off and leave my skin feeling soft and moisturized without clogging my pores. I'm currently using Boots Organics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm (under $9 at Target) and Albolene ($6-16 dollars, depending on size, at most drugstores).

The Boots Balm comes with a cloth, but it's terrible. I've been using the Josie Maran muslin and microfiber cloth. It's denser than the Albolene and has to be massaged in little longer to get to the oil consistency, but it has a nice herbal smell and I like it very much. It's in a pot. The Albolene liquifies faster, so it's better one nights when I'm a tired because it's just a little easier to use. I bought the tube version, which is supposed to be for travel, but it's a pretty large tube for a travel product. The tub, however, is 12 ounces, which is HUGE and makes the 3 oz tube look pretty good for travel.

Valued Contributor

I swear by the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil which is based on olive oil. It is a bestseller worldwide and gets my make up off thoroughly and leaves my skin very soft. It also is reasonably priced for a 6 + oz bottle. I order it from their website and they give lots of free samples of their other products.

Super Contributor

On 4/10/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

I've tried several, but my favorites are cleansing balms made with oils. They work the same way, but they're a little easier to use. The two I use melt makeup off and leave my skin feeling soft and moisturized without clogging my pores. I'm currently using Boots Organics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm (under $9 at Target) and Albolene ($6-16 dollars, depending on size, at most drugstores).

The Boots Balm comes with a cloth, but it's terrible. I've been using the Josie Maran muslin and microfiber cloth. It's denser than the Albolene and has to be massaged in little longer to get to the oil consistency, but it has a nice herbal smell and I like it very much. It's in a pot. The Albolene liquifies faster, so it's better one nights when I'm a tired because it's just a little easier to use. I bought the tube version, which is supposed to be for travel, but it's a pretty large tube for a travel product. The tub, however, is 12 ounces, which is HUGE and makes the 3 oz tube look pretty good for travel.

Oh, that is interesting- I have never tried a cleansing balm before. I will be checking both of these out, thank you Chynna Blue!

Super Contributor

On 4/10/2014 morganjen said:

I love my Shu Uemura Sublime Cleansing Oil. This one was perfect for the cold weather because it's for dry skin. I may switch to another one in their line for the summer when my skin is less dry.

Thank you for sharing your favorite, morganjen- and for including a link! This one really does get great reviews, think I may be trying soon!