Contributor

OT but Important: Internet users advised to change passwords over "Heartbleed" bug....

I highly recommend you all change your passwords for any websites that contain sensitive information, like banking email, shopping sites, etc. Tumblr sent out emails to all users to change passwords to all your online accounts. Smiley Sad. Many websites have made the fix (Gmail, Amazon.com, my banking site); however, looks like shopping sites like qvc, hsn, sephora have not. You can easily check if a site is secure by going to this website: filippo dot io/Heartbleed Protect yourself & safe shopping Smiley Happy))
Super Contributor

Re: OT but Important: Internet users advised to change passwords over ""Heartbleed"" bug....

Thank you!

Contributor

Re: OT but Important: Internet users advised to change passwords over ""Heartbleed"" bug....

You are so welcome!
Contributor

I worked on this all day. Please be careful when you change your passwords on this one, and you may even have to change it twice depending if you were involved with an infected site. But yes check your site's status. Nasty little bug!
Contributor

Hope this helps!
Honored Contributor

So , if you did not get an e mail then your bank is not compromised?
Honored Contributor

nm sorry!

Esteemed Contributor

Never mind.....

Super Contributor

On 4/9/2014 happy housewife said: So , if you did not get an e mail then your bank is not compromised?

Here is a link to a list of popular sites, including banks, and their status regarding this bug.

http://mashable.com/2014/04/09/heartbleed-bug-websites-affected/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link

Super Contributor

The IRS already took all of my money.