Respected Contributor

Just made an appointment for Botox

Creams and potions are just not strong enough. I am 44 going on 45 next month and decided to treat myself. I just want it around the eyes and my forehead. Did it when I turned 40 and liked it just couldn't afford to keep it up but I am in a better place now and can afford it. Looks like every 4 months you go back for a re-up! How are you ladies liking it that have been doing it?

Super Contributor

Re: Just made an appointment for Botox

LOVE it! I only do eyes and forehead, too. It's the only thing that gets rid of that scowl line in the middle of my forehead. Smiley Happy

Contributor

Congratulations! I've only done my forehead ~ I started because I had a line right between the eyes that no matter what cream I used would not budge. Botox fixed that and I no longer have the line, although it did take a little bit for the actual crease (wrinkle) to completely fade. My Dr. told me that going in though so I knew what to expect.

It doesn't hurt, it's a weird sensation though, but not painful at all. I think once you do it you will understand what I mean by weird sensation. I've never done my eyes and admit I'm a bit chicken about that area.

I go 4-5 months between treatments. You'll find after the first few rounds that you can go longer in between.

I love the results ~ as long as you go to a great Dr. it looks very natural. No one knows I have it done.

Respected Contributor

You will love it! BEST thing I ever invested in for myself. I go every six months. I just get it in my forehead and I between my eyebrows. I go to a ""plastic"" surgeon not a spa!! It does take about a week or so to see the results. I move my forehead up and down after getting the injections...per plastic surgeon. Makes the injections work better.
Super Contributor

Love it - I only do forehead and between the brows, I have been getting it since 46 and now 53, I only go every 6 months now Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I love it. Mine lasts about 6 months.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Are you going for Botox injections or are you going for consultation for Botox? Granted, we all age differently but isn't 45 a little young for Botox?

Respected Contributor

thank you ladies for your replys. I am going to a Plastic Surgeon in my area that has a great reputation. Having a consult with possible procedure but I know I will go for it and just get it done. I am so excited. Just started noticing in pictures my forhead is wrinkling more and the eyes are closing up so this will be a refresher that i need and if I can go every 6 months its a done deal for life! I am so excited.

Honored Contributor

On 4/9/2014 LisaB said:

Creams and potions are just not strong enough. I am 44 going on 45 next month and decided to treat myself. I just want it around the eyes and my forehead. Did it when I turned 40 and liked it just couldn't afford to keep it up but I am in a better place now and can afford it. Looks like every 4 months you go back for a re-up! How are you ladies liking it that have been doing it?

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Good for you (and Happy Birthday)! I'm very interested to hear your experience after you go. I'm just slightly younger than you, and I've been thinking about it too. And my SIL told me I need it LOL (she gets Botox herself). GOOD LUCK!

Occasional Contributor

LisaB, I'm excited for you! Please post back after the procedure because I would love to get Botox for the "eleven" between my eyebrows so I am interested in how you make out.