New Contributor
Just read in the newspaper that Coldwater creek is liquidating - bummer
Super Contributor

I bought a lot of their clothes when I was working over the last few years. They had good sales, and for the most part cute styles without being too trendy. They had issues with sizing, and sometimes the quality was iffy.... but for the most part I liked what I received.

Honored Contributor

That's sad news. I love their clothing, but it it's so expensive for what it was and I almost always wait until things are on clearance or in the outlet

Honored Contributor

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/business-headlines/20140407-coldwater-creek-to-seek-liquidation-w...

it is too bad if it is true. i buy a few things from them and i love their coupon codes and sales.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I have enjoyed their items through the years. What will replace it?

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

A few years ago I told my husband that if he ever wanted to buy me anything!! just go to CWC. For the past couple of years that hasn't been the case but recently I have again found many things I like. I do wait for items to go on sale which they inevitably do and now I have a $20 coupon which I guess I better use soon. I will miss them. Not too many stores left. Fortunately, Macy's is doing well!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I hadn't heard that - thanks for the info. Sorry to hear it. When I worked full time, I bought about 80% of my wardrobe from CWC, both locally and at their online Outlet. They have/had the best no-iron shirts! I have at last 10 of them. Guess I'd better go check the outlet and see what I can buy.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Very sad news. Their velvet was incomparable. I'm glad I have quite a lot of it.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Trusted Contributor

Bummer! I love them too. I think their retail prices are high but they run 40-50%off specials all the time so that brings the cost down. Most of the tops are ticketed about $70-80. So 50% off is still a $35-40 top. Not cheap. But if I like it I will buy at that price. And their knit jeans are great too! But I think they are about $90. Again, at 50% off they are very reasonable. Maybe that marketing schema doesn't work so well?

KJPA
Valued Contributor

This is sad. For years, CC was my go-to store, because I could always be sure of finding things I liked that would fit. But for the last several years, they just haven't had the cute, interesting items they used to have in abundance. Now, they're just looking like another version of Talbot's to me (and I say that as someone who also likes Talbot's.)

Not sure how or why they lost their way, but I would love to see them manage to turn things around. Doesn't seem too likely, though.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien