Esteemed Contributor
Does anyone have any opinions of Olay products. After years of trying Kiels, clinique, bobby brown among others and spending mega bucks I have decided to try Olay products again and I was wondering what others have experienced. I recently invested in the Regenerist line. I am hoping I like it so I can clean out my stash of half used products and settle on one line.
Respected Contributor
Every time I try something from Olay I get serious breakouts. I hope you have great success with it.
Respected Contributor

I find it has gotten as costly as the others you mentioned. I just started on a path with Paula's Choice. I first purchased her 2% BHA gel, since I have plenty of Philosophy Purity face cleaner. I also have plenty of Avalon Renew Rejuvenating Oil-Free Vitamin C Moisturizer. I did need more foundation/CC cream and powder, so I picked up her RESIST foundation and powder. I also picked up her Skin Balancing Antioxidant Serum to use as a morning primer for my makeup and night treatment. I have oily skin with some eczema popping up from time to time, so that means combo skin. There are always coupons and sales for Paula's Choice, so it is in the same, if not cheaper price point than Olay unless you are using generic version of Olay. I did find my skin liked the generic versions of the Olay moisturizer and cleaning wipes than the brand.

Trusted Contributor

I think OOO makes some great skincare products. The Regenerist line keeps improving all the time. They also keep reformulating the products to incorporate the latest ingredients proven to make a difference. I highly recommend them especially if one is trying to stay within a budget. You can find them on Amazon for less than local drugstores and if you think you'll stick with them for awhile then sign up for Amazon's Subscribe and Save where you'll save even more. You are under no obligation to remain in the S&S plan but it sure adds to the savings. You can easily cancel even if you just ordered once under the S&S program. I ordered some skincare that way (using the S&S) then decided I wasn't going to continue with that particular skincare and it was as simple as pie to cancel (it wasn't an Olay product as they have many others you can also buy under the S&S plan.) I was saving 30 to 40% over buying it in local drugstores and no shipping fees.

The other fYI is that Consumer Reports has tested the Regenerist line against much pricier skincare products and they have always come out #1. They don't do it yearly but periodically and Regenerist seems to always do super well. And CR doesn't mess around with their testing - they do real skin clinicals using equipment that documents actual improvements. It is not based on tester's opinions.

Esteemed Contributor

Regenerist is a very nice line. It is gets high approval ratings on Beautypedia. It's not all that cheap for drugstore but if you get it at CVS, it is often on sale or on buy one, get one 50% off. I get P&G Olay coupons in the Sunday paper as well. Plus at CVS, you get those extra bucks all the time.

CVS also has knock off versions right beside the real thing (compare the ingredients lists though), although when I go in to CVS armed with all my various coupons, the real thing can be much cheaper than the knockoff.

I am sure Rite Aid and Walgreens have pretty good specials and knockoffs too. There are ways to whittle down Olay costs.

I'm using other things for treatments rather than Olay now, but I still use the Regenerist lotion with SPF 50 for my daily facial sunscreen. I use a different sunscreen on the arms and legs. I really like the Olay with SPF for the face. (Edited)
Trusted Contributor
I've been using Olay products for 35 years. Regenerist for probably 4 years. I'm happy that people say I don't look my true age.
Super Contributor

I just opened a Regenerist night cream about a week ago and I am loving it. I used to use the original Olay day lotion with sph, but have switched to something with high spf.

Regular Contributor

I just recently did some research on reviews & decided to stop buying the more expensive brands & switch to the Olay Regenerist line. The 2 products I am currently using & like are the Olay Regenerist micro-sculpting serum & microsculpting cream. The serum goes on light & soaks right into the skin. (I liked it as much or better than WHINE). The texture of my skin seems better using it. I've always used Dr Denese & while I like it I'm trying to really cut back on cost & the Olay moisturizing micro-sculpting cream (which I use at nite) leaves my skin very soft & moisturized the next AM. I also buy on Amazon & it is very economical compared to other products I've purchased in the past. I still use a Vitamin C serum, but the Olay products are keepers for me.

Honored Contributor

I used and liked the Olay Regenerist Night Recovery cream for years but have switched to a product that I like just as well but that is in a tube and not a jar. I really don't like skincare in a jar or tub.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

My Mom swore by Olay products and used them until her last day and she had beautiful skin.

I can't use Olay. It cause severe breakouts for me, regardless of which line of theirs I try.