Valued Contributor

Need recs for drugstore finishing powder...

Beauties,

I'm in search of a light-medium beige finishing powder in hard-pressed powder compact. I am currently using up (and don't like) PF beige compact powder. It is a bit too dark and "masky" for my warm skin tone. So I need to know if any of you beauties have my similar light-medium warm skin tone and like a drugstore powder compact that you could recommend and I could look at for comparison.

Thanks!

Super Contributor

Re: Need recs for drugstore finishing powder...

Maybelline Age Rewind Powder. I haven't used drugstore powder since I used to buy Cornsilk 20 years ago. The Maybelline Age Rewind is great, it makes you look poreless. The concealers are great also. I also just tried Loreal Tru Match and I was not impressed so it will go into my makeup bin with the other products I wasn't fond of. I am more fair/light but the coloring on the Maybelline is one of the best I have found. The best pressed setting powder (no color) I have found is Laura Mercier. Pricier but worth it. I always keep one in my purse. With your skin coloring you should also check out Hello Flawless by Benefit. They are too warm toned for me but the powder is so creamy and covers flaws so well.

Valued Contributor

Re: Need recs for drugstore finishing powder...

Well, that is a bummer. I didn't get a chance to read your response BEFORE I bought the L'Ore'al Tru Match pressed powder. It was the "lightest" of the light-mediums that I could find tho' still a bit darker than my current coloring. I hoping as summer progresses and I tan a bit more, that color would be more natural looking. I did also get Cover Girl Smoothers pressed powder in translucent-medium and that is just a tad lighter (and cheaper in price!) than my current coloring…needing a happy mixture between the two! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Thanks for your response!