Frequent Contributor

Cindy Crawford Skincare - Beware!!

Recently, my husband surprised me with a gift of the highly TV advertised Cindy Crawford skincare. I am a firm believer in the BOOTS skincare but was delighted that he ordered this for me just as a little "Happy". Although the products were fairly good and I enjoyed trying them, I wasn't interested in changing my skincare. A few weeks later, another box of Cindy Crawford skincare arrived on my doorstep which I did not order. I did not open the box but did check the invoice which was taped to the outside and found that $164. of products had been sent plus they had already deducted a payment from the credit card my husband used. I was furious to say the least as there was nothing on the original order stating they would automatically send another shipment. I called the company and after waiting a good 20 minutes on the phone, this guy named "Ralph" finally gets my call. It was apparent that "Ralph" was from another country and I could hardly understand what he was saying. I explained what happened and he said he would give me a discount if I'd keep it. I refused and told him all I wanted was credit to my account and to cancel all products. He then begin telling me how to return the box with ME paying the postage. I informed this character that I shouldn't have to pay return postage because I didn't order it! We went round and round over this and he then told me he would send me a label which he did and it was returned. Even though this was a postage paid label, I couldn't get confirmation through the post office unless I paid postage so label or not, I had to pay anyway. Just be aware.....

Respected Contributor

Re: Cindy Crawford Skincare - Beware!!

I see this c-rap still goes on. Same thing with me back in the late 90's with Victoria Principal and her infomercials. It took me 3 shipments sent back to finally get them to STOP! Good Luck.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

This happened to me with Pro-active. My DD ordered a package years ago to see if it would work for her...it didn't. Well for 2 years I went thru heck trying to cancel further shipments. I would cancel and they would turn around and send another..over and over. We finally moved and I kid you not 10 years later...they found our new addy and started sending me pkg.s again! My DD is an adult now. I sent the 1st pkg. back at my expense. Well I received several other orders again...even though I was assured they would stop sending. I threw the next few in the trash and they then threatened to turn me into the credit agencies. I said go for it! Funny they quit sending when I refused to pay and put a stop on my CC.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

The gift that keeps on giving.

Esteemed Contributor

I have heard this can happen when you order through Gunthy-Renker. I personally haven't ordered anything through GR, this is just what I heard.

They may market Meaningful Beauty.

(edited)

Super Contributor

Sorry, don't believe any of your story. I have ordered and used that product, which is great skincare BTW, and when I have needed to delay a shipment have never had a problem....no matter how long I need to postpone it for. I have never had to wait 20 minutes for any customer service rep, in fact I think the most I have waited was 2 minutes before someone helped me, and your profiling of where the customer service rep comes from is inappropriate as well.

Also, don't believe your foolishness about being provided a return label that cannot be tracked. If that was the case, you had every right to call the company and demand a pre-paid label with tracking, and perhaps you would have got someone more helpful than "Ralph"? Even the Q provides tracking on their return labels.

Nothing about your complaint adds up, other than someone who is trying to discredit a skincare line that didn't suit you. I have experienced nothing but gracious and accommodating service from this company... so it seems you had a horrible experience, I have had a positive one, and somewhere in between lies the norm.

ETA: Your statement about "recently" receiving, and then a few weeks later is deceptive... perhaps you don't keep track of time, but their typical mailing schedule is every 90 days, unless otherwise specified. As I mentioned, I am one of their customers and have NEVER had a problem in postponing a shipment. 90 days was plenty of time for you to decide you didn't want it anymore.

Respected Contributor

This type of problem can happen when you order any product from an infomercial. It happened to me. I placed an order for some health products and was put on auto delivery just like Gal described. I had to dispute the charge with my CC to get the shipments stopped. Since then, I never, ever order from infomercials. I am sure they aren't all bad, but I just don't want to take the chance. I only order directly from the company.

Super Contributor

On 4/5/2014 Montana said:

This type of problem can happen when you order any product from an infomercial. It happened to me. I placed an order for some health products and was put on auto delivery just like Gal described. I had to dispute the charge with my CC to get the shipments stopped. Since then, I never, ever order from infomercials. I am sure they aren't all bad, but I just don't want to take the chance. I only order directly from the company.

If she had some problem with a "go-between" source, all she needed to do is contact the company directly and explain her problem. I can't imagine them wanting her to have such a horrible customer service experience. They pride themselves on product satisfaction, so it would probably benefit them to learn of this horrible experience by some 2nd hand vendor. It tarnishes their reputation.

Honored Contributor

On 4/5/2014 Jules5280 said:

Sorry, don't believe any of your story. I have ordered and used that product, which is great skincare BTW, and when I have needed to delay a shipment have never had a problem....no matter how long I need to postpone it for. I have never had to wait 20 minutes for any customer service rep, in fact I think the most I have waited was 2 minutes before someone helped me, and your profiling of where the customer service rep comes from is inappropriate as well.

Also, don't believe your foolishness about being provided a return label that cannot be tracked. If that was the case, you had every right to call the company and demand a pre-paid label with tracking, and perhaps you would have got someone more helpful than "Ralph"? Even the Q provides tracking on their return labels.

Nothing about your complaint adds up, other than someone who is trying to discredit a skincare line that didn't suit you. I have experienced nothing but gracious and accommodating service from this company... so it seems you had a horrible experience, I have had a positive one, and somewhere in between lies the norm.

ETA: Your statement about "recently" receiving, and then a few weeks later is deceptive... perhaps you don't keep track of time, but their typical mailing schedule is every 90 days, unless otherwise specified. As I mentioned, I am one of their customers and have NEVER had a problem in postponing a shipment. 90 days was plenty of time for you to decide you didn't want it anymore.

I imagine Cindy Crawford sells hundreds of thousands of these kits. You are one person. So, there is no possibility someone could have an experience different from your own?

Super Contributor

On 4/5/2014 shoekitty said:

I imagine Cindy Crawford sells hundreds of thousands of these kits. You are one person. So, there is no possibility someone could have an experience diffenrent from your own.

Didn't I mention that she had a bad experience, while I had a good one? Of course it is possible that from hundreds of thousands of sales, someone has a bad experience. I also know that the company backs their product, so the OP should have just hung up the phone and dialed again. I have called to reschedule my shipments, and not once have I waited 20 minutes for help, or encountered a rude representative...and trust me, I am not that lucky.