Respected Contributor

Why is everything a big secret with Dana & Perricone?

Was watching the show last hour and Jacque asked Dana about the mineral sunscreen in the Photo Plasma. Of course Dana said it was a secret and couldn't tell her. I've heard her say this about other products--she can't divulge so-called secret ingredients. Seriously? I'm sure the ingred. are listed on each products' packaging so why all the secrecy around this brand?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why is everything a big secret with Dana & Perricone?

I thought it was odd how she said she couldn't talk about it, but then spent the next several minutes talking about the product. From what I recall, the host wasn't even asking her to divulge the ingredient deck--just asked her to explain the benefits of minerals. Top secret!

Super Contributor

That was ridiculous! I'm wondering if Dana misunderstood what she was asking. The ingredients looked pretty unremarkable in my opinion, so maybe she was just embarrassed that they would charge $62 for a jar (try taking that to the beach with you) of what is essentially titanium dioxide, silicone, some emollients, and preservatives.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't see the presentation, so I can't comment on that, however I can comment on the ingredient deck. It not only includes mineral sunscreen, but also SolaStay® S1, Oxynex® ST Liquid, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C Ester, Phosphatidylcholine and Astaxanthin.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Honored Contributor

I can't possibly be objective. Dana annoys me to no end, and I can't even tell you why. She just does.

Super Contributor

Looks like the SolaStay® S1 and Oxynex® ST Liquid are the proprietary ingredients and Dana can't talk about the formulation of those. She would be giving away trade secrets.

Trusted Contributor

Dana probably does not know enough about that aspect to yack about it so she says "IT'S A SECRET". If I were selling something, that is exactly what I would say.

Trusted Contributor

I'm sorry I see no difference in these before and afters,
Trusted Contributor

She keeps using the words ""dramatic"" and ""transformed""! Really? I don't think so.
Honored Contributor

On 4/5/2014 MargieRJ said:

Looks like the SolaStay® S1 and Oxynex® ST Liquid are the proprietary ingredients and Dana can't talk about the formulation of those. She would be giving away trade secrets.

I'm pretty sure that manufacturers have to list the ingredients and can't just put in some proprietary name.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland