Valued Contributor

Serious Skin Care..yes or no?

Does it work and what lines or combination of lines do you use? Interested in retinol and vitamin c

Trusted Contributor

Re: Serious Skin Care..yes or no?

I used the vitamin C items several years ago but didn't see any more benefit from it than from much cheaper drug store items so I haven't ordered anything since. I also tried a primer/concealer type item at one point and it also didn't do what it was supposed to - even out skin tones, reduce redness etc.

Valued Contributor

I say yes. Their A-Force retinol serum is very good unless you have acne prone skin, then it might cause occasional breakouts due to the castor oil,But the retinol amount is very effective if used consistently for a time.
Valued Contributor

I used SSC one time a few years ago, but only for about a month. Don't know if I used it long enough or if it didn't work. Their retinol is milder than some.

Respected Contributor

I like their c-clean cleanser a lot. Tried their A cleanser, but it dried me out terribly. Other than that, I can't help!

I'm SO tempted by the egg, but can't justify the purchase right now. I'm waiting for my Tria!

Super Contributor

I have had the Revitalift kit and I did not see results with the serum, love the eye cream and I have reordered it 3 times, the chin cream works, the cleanser irritated my skin and the facial pads are not for me. I can never remember to use them. I just ordered the A kit last night since I am out of PTR retinol. If you or anyone you know gets pimples, the Dry Lo product is the best ever and it is on sale. I've used the Glycolic face wash and I did love it.

Honored Contributor

Man, that gal is good. Love Jennifer Stallone. Should could've been just a famous, pretty face for a product, but she's so knowledgable with her delivery. Nothing trips her up...she knows her product. I used the Glycolic stuff back when...worked, but I'm slowly stepping away from the chemicals in skincare. If that's not an issue, SSC, thumbs up.

Frequent Contributor

I purchased the Glycolic kit a couple of months ago and I am VERY happy with it especially for the price!!! I've used the Glycolic Grommage for a couple of years. It's my favorite mask.

Honored Contributor

If you are an ingredient snob, it will be a good idea to check their ingredient decks before ordering. they often still use chemicals, parabens, petrolatum, etc, just depends if you have an aversion of any of these.

Super Contributor

Actually, I really like several of their products. I love the olive oil line for winter, but I have seen pretty good results from the Reverse Lift and Vitamin C line. I am also a big fan of the mineral make up too, and I don't like many mineral make-ups.