Valued Contributor

Need recommendations for skincare

I am 50 and have a few lines and just seeing the signs of loss of elasticity in my skin. My skin is not that bad, I just want to postpone or stop anymore of the lines and the "going south" of my skin. I would like recommendations on skincare that addresses the concerns listed and that really works. I have used things from QVC, HSN and ShopHQ, as well as brick and mortar stores. Nothing has really wowed me. I have received so much good advice and recommendations from this board on many things that I would appreciate any input.

Respected Contributor

Re: Need recommendations for skincare

paulaschioce.com

I just started using it after people raving about it here. They are very, very helpful. I just placed a second order for additional products in the line and their RESIST foundation and powder since I will be needing more soon. I'm really enjoying the products for my oily skin and already see a change in texture and appearance. There are always coupons for their products.

Esteemed Contributor

BetsyDoodle, I would steer you in the way of vitamin C (but an L-ascorbic, if your skin can handle that) and retinol. I think that's what happened to me some years back when I stopped using all those skincare lines, which just didn't cut it.

AHAs, as well.

These are collagen building, gently sloughing off the top layer, and about the best you can do to maintain elasticity.

Start with the vitamin C, which I feel is the most important because it is also a potent oxidant prohibiter.

Respected Contributor

Both good responses. I mix it up. I use C and copper from NCN. BHA liquid and Resist cleanser, and SPF moisturizer from PC and a few Isomers serums as my staples.
Honored Contributor

I don't know if any product alone is going to perform miracles on your skin but you may want to try acure organics skincare. Go to their website & read the description, watch videos & read reviews. The Day & Night cream does slightly firm the skin & has cell turnover benefits. Burt's Bees also has some very good skincare products. Good luck.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the responses! I have used retinol, but some irritate my skin, but I did find one that didn't. The retinol was encapsulated and so it didn't have the "hit" that others have that irritates. I might not have stuck with it long enough though. I have been interested in vitamin C because I have heard that it brightens your skin and is overall very good for it. Would you use vitamin C and retinol together? I have heard some use both. I know a lot of people rave about paula's choice here too. Will have to go to the website and check it out.

Valued Contributor

What about this kit??

Super Contributor

I recommend Paula's Choice. Sorry I haven't tried Peter Thomas Roth so I don't know about the kit you pictured. Paula's Choice has excellent customer service and offer samples sizes. If you call or email them, they can guide you to the products that would benefit you the most.

Valued Contributor

On 4/5/2014 myshell624 said:

I recommend Paula's Choice. Sorry I haven't tried Peter Thomas Roth so I don't know about the kit you pictured. Paula's Choice has excellent customer service and offer samples sizes. If you call or email them, they can guide you to the products that would benefit you the most.

So they can "customize" the skincare you get from them to address what is your specific issue? The sample sizes would be helpful so you wouldn't have a big size of something that you might not like.

Super Contributor

On 4/5/2014 BetsyDoodle said:
On 4/5/2014 myshell624 said:

So they can "customize" the skincare you get from them to address what is your specific issue? The sample sizes would be helpful so you wouldn't have a big size of something that you might not like.

Yes you can customize what you use. I am currently using products from the Resist and Moisture Boost line and plan on using the Skin Recovery Moisturizer when I finish my current one. The samples are wonderful. I have tried several to see what I like best before I order.