New Contributor

Has anyone use Dead Sea Salt as a sole treatment for psoriasis?

I am interested in buying some but i want to know if it has worked for anyone else before? There are no creams that work for me, sunlight isn't doing much so i thought id try it. I have it all over my body so thought it could be the easiest way to treat myself if it works. If you have tried it how did it work for you? and how long did you soak for? and how often per week did you bathe in it?

Thanks Heaps!

Regular Contributor

Re: Has anyone use Dead Sea Salt as a sole treatment for psoriasis?

I don't have psoriasis, but do have seborreic dermatitis which some seem to think is related to psoriasis. Have used a scrub some years ago that contained Dead Sea Salts, but I didn't care for it. A few years ago I discovered Gene's Vitamin E Cream which only comes in 16 oz. jars. This cream is fabulous (and reasonably priced)! It is sooo soothing to my very sensitive skin. It won't cure psoriasis, but it will be very calming on the skin. I wouldn't be without it. I like it so much I'd like to shout it from the rooftops. I purchase it on Amazon.com, but I understand some Sam's Clubs carry it and one can also get it on the manufacturer's site. Here's a link to the manufacturer:

http://www.genesvitamine.com/

You can check around to get the best price. Before I purchased it, I checked the reviews on Amazon, Makeup Alley and other sites and customers all rate this product very, very highly. It has a light pleasant scent and is a thick yellow cream. I apply it under my makeup, during the day as a hand cream, and after a bath as a body cream. It runs around $12 to $13 for a 16 oz. jar. I just hunt for the best deal.