Regular Contributor
Can anyone give me some feedback about this line of skin care and also makeup please
Honored Contributor

meme1, that's a tall order. I suggest first perusing the site from top to bottom to get a feel of the land.

I would say, though, that with some notable exceptions, it is primarily a site for what I think is excellent skin care. Makeup, IMO, is somewhat of an afterthought, although the matte eyeshadow palette is gorgeous.

Paula's Choice is what I use for my primary skin care. Her products are fragrance- and irritant-free, cruelty-free, moderately priced, and full of excellent ingredients.

Decide what you need for you skin, look around, then call and ask for recommendations. Be sure to ask politely for free samples of whatever is advised or whatever you're interested in.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor
Thank you. I did receive her catalog today and am interested . I really want matte eyeshadow, so any recommendations on that would be great too.
Super Contributor

What are your skin concerns?

I am 38 with slightly dry skin. My main skin concern is dark spots. I am currently using Moisture Boost Cleanser, Resist BHA 4% foam (use this every third night), Resist Daily AHA 5% Treatment (use on nights not using foam),Resist Intensive Retinol Serum (use every night), and Resist Super Light Spf 30. I am planning on adding the C15 booster and Skin Recovery Moisturizer when I use up what I am using. I am also going to add a daytime serum with the C15 but not sure which one yet.

I am also using some of her makeup. I use her Nude eye shadow palette, New Mascara ( lengthening something? Can't remember name), bronzer, liquid lipsticks and Resist Satin Finish Powder.

I honestly LOVE everything I am using and have already purchased backups of the retinol serum and sunscreen. They have the best customer service! I emailed them to ask about samples of the retinol serum and they sent three for free. I strongly suggest emailing or calling them.

Honored Contributor
On 4/4/2014 meme1 said: Thank you. I did receive her catalog today and am interested . I really want matte eyeshadow, so any recommendations on that would be great too.

The matte eyeshadow palette that she and Wayne Goss just recently collaborated on has received excellent reviews. It is all neutral (nude) shades. I love it. I have the Urban Decay Naked Basics, which is good, but it has only six shades. This one has 12. It's very high quality, with a good selection of colors.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I've been using Paula's cleansers for too long to remember! I also use her sunscreen every day. I'm not one to use a lot of products on my face. My routine is very simple. My skin is combination, and I couldn't live without these two products. I have her 2% BHA, but I'm not faithful to that. {#emotions_dlg.blush} I recently ordered her Resist moisturizer with sunscreen, so we'll see how that goes.

I have used her makeup in the past. It's good. I'm just too fickle to stick to one brand! Smile

Trusted Contributor
Meme1, I am so glad you have brought up this topic. I don't have any suggestions for you as I am looking at skin care options that will work for me as well. I think I will check out the website this weekend. I love the cruelty free and go green policies that she adheres to. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Honored Contributor
On 4/4/2014 suzyQ3 said:

meme1, that's a tall order. I suggest first perusing the site from top to bottom to get a feel of the land.

I would say, though, that with some notable exceptions, it is primarily a site for what I think is excellent skin care. Makeup, IMO, is somewhat of an afterthought, although the matte eyeshadow palette is gorgeous.

Paula's Choice is what I use for my primary skin care. Her products are fragrance- and irritant-free, cruelty-free, moderately priced, and full of excellent ingredients.

Decide what you need for you skin, look around, then call and ask for recommendations. Be sure to ask politely for free samples of whatever is advised or whatever you're interested in.

What she said. Wink

I love the way Paula does business. Excellent customer service, super-fast delivery. I use her Moisture Boost cleanser -- great product.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

I've been using her products for two years now and they have made a big difference in my skin. I like how she has products for all skin types and they are fragrance and irritant free. If you don't like a product, let them know and they will refund the purchase price. Great service and lightning-fast shipping. I would say that the product that has made the most noticeable difference for me is her Vitamin C serum. Her Resist retinol serum and BHA exfoliants are also great. Do your research, contact them with questions and then you can decide if you want to try it out.

Regular Contributor

I'm new to Paula's Choice products (I have only been using them for 2 weeks) and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them so far.

I bought a few samples and I was so impressed that I went back and bought a ton of products. It takes awhile to test out products to see which ones you like and work the best for you and since it has only been a couple weeks I'm still experimenting. Before I even purchased the samples, I spent quite a bit of time going through her website to educate myself and determine what products would be best for me to start with.

Right now my favorites are her skin recovery and Earth Sourced cleansers and toners, the super anti-oxidant serum, Resist daily spf moisturizer, Resist anti-aging foundation, skin recovery moisturizer and her shampoo and conditioner.