Regular Contributor
I understand that Holly Mordini left the company but why did QVC give up on the whole line? They kept BE after Leslie Blodget left. Unless I just haven't seen any of the presentations but I don't think so. Anyone know? Thanks!
Occasional Contributor
Smashbox has been owned by Ester Lauder for a few years now, so maybe that is something to do with it (now no longer cruelty free like smashbox used to state on its website). EL owns Ojon and that is also no longer appearing on the q.
Honored Contributor

Bobbie Brown is also a Lauder company, so that theory doesn't fly.

I think the Q doesn't really concentrate on color cosmetics other than Mally. Personally I think they need more in that category not more skin care.

Thoughts

Contributor
On 4/3/2014 eyeluvbe said: Smashbox has been owned by Ester Lauder for a few years now, so maybe that is something to do with it (now no longer cruelty free like smashbox used to state on its website). EL owns Ojon and that is also no longer appearing on the q.

If you go to the Smashbox website, they are still cruelty free.

Frequent Contributor
On 4/4/2014 jackthebear said:

Bobbie Brown is also a Lauder company, so that theory doesn't fly.

I think the Q doesn't really concentrate on color cosmetics other than Mally. Personally I think they need more in that category not more skin care.

Thoughts

Very interesting point. I, personally prefer Josie Maran and she is frequently featured, but, they concentrate on her skin and body care products. Thankfully, there are other places that offer her products. It even feels, to me, that they are cutting back on Laura Geller.
Honored Contributor

It's possible they weren't selling well. That's always my first guess because any business will cut out lines that don't sell.

It seems to me like most of the cosmetics companies featured on QVC have some kind of exclusive contract with them where they debut things on QVC. Tarte, Laura Geller, Mally, Bare Minerals, etc have all had products that you could only get at QVC or were launched on QVC and then showed up elsewhere later. Maybe Smashbox didn't want to do that or couldn't do that because they have agreements elsewhere.

Honored Contributor
On 4/4/2014 aproudmom said:
On 4/3/2014 eyeluvbe said: Smashbox has been owned by Ester Lauder for a few years now, so maybe that is something to do with it (now no longer cruelty free like smashbox used to state on its website). EL owns Ojon and that is also no longer appearing on the q.

If you go to the Smashbox website, they are still cruelty free.

That's a tricky thing. Smashbox does not test on animals, nor does parent company, Estee Lauder. However, Estee Lauder products are sold in China, where animal testing is mandated by laws. So Estee Lauder products ARE being tested on animals in China, even if not by Estee Lauder itself. Estee Lauder could prevent that by choosing not to sell in China, but they moved into the China market to make money. In the US, there are no federal regulations to define what is or is not "cruelty-free" so anyone can slap a label on their site or product promising they are.

You can read more about it here: http://greenbeautyteam.com/features/led-by-beauty/chinas-demand-for-animal-testing-in-cosmetics-bran...

Contributor

wait - what?? about leslie blodget...i've noticed she hasn't been on when bareminerals are featured (although she did show for the serum foundation) i follow her on facebook. so she has left qvc, but not bareminerals??

Super Contributor
QVC still carries Smashbox, but they don't make it easy to find their products. You have to look under the other brands section under beauty.
Honored Contributor
On 4/4/2014 FLsunlover said: QVC still carries Smashbox, but they don't make it easy to find their products. You have to look under the other brands section under beauty.

I don't know why anyone would buy them from QVC anyway when they're so readily available from other online retailers who charge less for shipping.