Frequent Contributor

Why all the hoopla over Valerie Bertinelli's figure?

I had noticed that she's put on a few pounds since she is always dressed in dark colors and flowy tops on her tv show, but who hasn't gained a few pounds?

Then I see clips of her on tv shows today apologizing for gaining the weight and being ashamed.

Is she to blame since she is the spokesperson for Jenny Craig and she has made her weight public or should we cut her a break?

I think she looks great at 54 even with the added pounds!

Team Valerie!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Why all the hoopla over Valerie Bertinelli's figure?

She said she broke her foot and was unable to exercise.

Honored Contributor

And we're off and running.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

On 4/3/2014 suzyQ3 said:

You took the words right outta my mouth.

Super Contributor

That is why it is not a good idea to wear a bikini on the cover of People Magazine at her age....you never know how long you will keep it off. Look at Carni Wilson. She is huge after having her stomach stapled. When in the public eye....best to not broadcast how you lost weight.
Trusted Contributor

As far as Valerie is concerned, she is a beautiful woman no matter what her weight is. I guess Jenny Craig isn't too happy with her weight gain. And who could ever stay on that program, nor do I understand who would want to even start. It's so expensive and the food is horrible. My boss started it and he hated the food and didn't last very long on it.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't have any problem with her gaining a few pounds due to her injury. Sounds very normal and she has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.

She probably thinks everyone has high expectations of her since she lost the weight before. Meh....me, I say give her a break. It happens. She is human.

She loves to run. I expect when she is healed and can exercise again, she will take the weight back off.

I love her. I thought she was a cute as a bug as a teenager on "One Day At a Time" and she still is.

Respected Contributor

On 4/3/2014 maestra said:
On 4/3/2014 suzyQ3 said:

You took the words right outta my mouth.

Where is the popcorn eating deer? About time for him to show up.
Honored Contributor

It's normal to gain after a weight loss, no matter how you lose it. It's also normal to be embarrassed about it....in the limelight or not. I'm in that situation right now.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Super Contributor

5 or 10 pounds would be forgivable to gain....BUT 50 pounds?!?! That is a lot of cheese cake....do not blame 50 pounds of fat on a broken toe. Sorry.