Valued Contributor

Happy 90th Birthday DORIS DAY

Doris Day is my favorite all-time actress. Today is her 90th birthday. If anyone deserved an oscar for her body of work, she did.

Do you have a favorite(s) Doris Day movie(s)? I think mine are the ones she did with Gordon MacCrae. Their voices blended so well together. I also really like "Move Over Darling" with James Garner and "That Touch of Mink" with Cary Grant. And then of course "Pillow Talk" with Rock Hudson.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Happy 90th Birthday DORIS DAY

Pillow Talk. I loved all the movies with her and Rock Hudson.

Honored Contributor

Count me in on Pillow Talk, sophisticated comedy at its very best!!!

Honored Contributor

They were such fun movies. And she always had the most beautiful wardrobe!

Trusted Contributor

Send Me No Flowers and Don't Eat The Daisies are good ones too!

Honored Contributor

She's great. I sort of dress like her. There's a marathon on today on TCM! I've never seen Move Over Darling. DVRing it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Super Contributor

I always liked Doris Day! She was such a "girl-next-door" cutie! Great personality! I liked her with Rock Hudson.

Happy birthday, Miss Day!

Honored Contributor

On 4/3/2014 Porcelain said:

She's great. I sort of dress like her. There's a marathon on today on TCM! I've never seen Move Over Darling. DVRing it.

That one was cute with James Garner, a remake of the older, My Favorite Wife, with Cary Grant and Irene Dunne.

Super Contributor

I have so many it is hard to choose. ""Midnight Lace"" and ""The Man Who Knew Too Much"" were probably my favorites. The way she dressed and those beautiful outfits in both films made her look so pretty and she was a wonderful actress....

Super Contributor

I love older movies & just loved all of Doris Day Films & your right, she deserves recognition for her body of work! I wonder why she does not do any public events or an interview as I am sure it would be well received. I love all the movies with Rock Hudson, a perfect pair on film. Also the way the designers styled her was fantastic, such a classic beautiful look!

Thanks for letting us know about the marathon today, I have a cold & am resting so I def will watch whatever movies they show. I did LOVE "Young at Heart" with her & Frank Sinatra too!