Respected Contributor

My Trip To Ulta, and IT Cosmetics

I finally got to an Ulta that stocks IT, and was able to try the CC cream. I'm very fair, yet the sales associate looked at me and told me I'd be a light or medium. I tried the fair and light, while she was off doing something else, and then I found her and asked her which side was better. She picked the fair. Didn't surprise me, LOL!

Now I know my color, BUT it was very heavy on me and I saw lines I didn't know I had. {#emotions_dlg.sad} I don't think I put a lot on. Just wondering what other people have experienced with this. I know how popular this product is.

I tried the Celebration Foundation on my hands, and it was so pretty, but I think that would settle into my lines too.

i also tried the new eyelift (concealer and brightener). This was also cakey and dry looking on me, but the coverage was good.

I tested the O2 on my wrist, but not on my face, so I can't say much about it.

Overall, I'm disappointed. I'm looking for a new, light weight foundation, and was hoping the CC would be it. I'd love to hear other people's experiences.

Thanks!

Contributor

Re: My Trip To Ulta, and IT Cosmetics

The only product I have tried that you mentioned is the CC Cream, and I love it! I am very fair like you, and the fair color is a great match for me. I find it a nice consistency for me with good coverage. I don't find it too heavy or cakey as long as I don't use too much. I once used a full pump and it was way too much and really aged me by exaggerating my lines, but if I only use the amount of my pinky finger nail it's perfect. I know that doesn't seem like enough, but it's perfect for me. Usually I use my fingers for liquid or cream foundation, but this one I prefer a brush. You may choose to try applying it a couple different ways to see if one works better for you. I personally would not call this a light weight foundation. I have used many lighter and heavier, so I would call it medium weight myself. If you decide to try it again, definitely start with much less than you think you need, you can always add more.

HTH

Super Contributor

i also tried the new eyelift (concealer and brightener). This was also cakey and dry looking on me, but the coverage was good.

I would have to wonder how long the sample had been open and in use. Probably people don't bother to close it tightly. I just bought this item and haven't tried it yet, but I would be suspect that it was cakey because of being used often and not resealed properly.

As for a lightweight foundation, many posters here have recommended Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Stay in place MU and EL Invisible Fluid MU. They just arrived in the mail and I haven't yet done a full face.

I was hoping to get by by using just Bobbi Brown's BB or CC cream. But I couldn't find a color match. I'm fair/light with cool undertones.

IT Cosmetics BB cream is loaded with silicones. That might be why it felt heavy vs light.

Super Contributor

I'm one of the minority who didn't really like the CC Cream. I'm fair, and a problem with some fair shades (if they're really fair enough) is sometimes they're a tad TOO light. Just a tad. Accentuates my pores. It was like that. I was trying to be objective and asked myself if I would like it if it was really my perfect color. No. I thought it felt heavy, too. And it didn't like how it made my wrinkles look, either. I liked the finish, though.

And you're right about the Celebration -- that one DID emphasize lines I didn't know I had. But I liked the finish of that one, too! I thought the color looked a little dark and yellow in the pan, but it looked okay on (better than the CC).

I'm wondering if this is just going to be a line that isn't for me. I think Jamie seems like the sweetest person and appears to be sincerely enthusiastic about her products and I always like to support people I "like".

One thing I DID like was the lip balmy-ish gloss that came with the CC TSV.

I've got the BE Serum Foundation on advance order, and that may be my last gasp. They swear you can't feel it on, but they all say that. :-) I didn't think I wanted a lot of coverage until I got a look at myself in my rearview mirror when the sunroof was open :-), but a heavier coverage makeup probably would make the Real Me look worse!

Up until this recent search, what has been your go-to foundation?

And I understand your disappointment. SO MANY people are happy with IT, we were hoping we'd be one of the converts.

Honored Contributor

I have not had luck with this line either, OP. It was a huge disappointment even though I had been hoping it would be a great line for me. I had tried the mascara, lip products, Celebration foundation, bye bye pores, and concealer and they were all a failure for various reasons. Jamie seems passionate about her products and I wish her company well but I just won't purchase anymore from her line.

Super Contributor

On 4/2/2014 HappyDaze said:

I have not had luck with this line either, OP. It was a huge disappointment even though I had been hoping it would be a great line for me. I had tried the mascara, lip products, Celebration foundation, bye bye pores, and concealer and they were all a failure for various reasons. Jamie seems passionate about her products and I wish her company well but I just won't purchase anymore from her line.

I agree with MS & HD. I like Jamie; I think she is very sincere and enthusiastic and I keep buying. I will say if you buy any of her individual brushes off her website, they are fabulous and will spoil you.

HD, I just bought the bye bye pores because it was supersized. I've always sworn by MAKE UP FOREVER's finishing powder. Am I going to be sorry?

I also bought the brightening wand with the concealer and highlighter. The model's eyes looked sooooo good.

I'm such a s*cker for a soft sell {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Super Contributor

I haven't returned mine, I keep debating on whether to keep it or not. I am also fair and the same thing happened when the sales associate helped me. She first thought the light would be better. The problem I seem to have with it is that it seems to accentuate my pores, especially my nose. It's almost like the only place that it sticks to on my nose is in my pores and the rest of the area it just slides right over. Looks like a slightly pink nose with small white dots. Of coarse, half of the problem may be because I use a 12x magnifying mirror. My skin is so weird. I do find the best way for me to apply it is to dot on my face and start patting all over. What I am really liking at the moment it Ponds luminescent BB cream. I use the light and pat, pat, pat. It even passed the outdoor, sunshine, magnifying mirror test. I couldn't believe it! It made my skin look very nice and you couldn't tell I had anything on. I do use a lightweight moisturizer with SPF of 30, because it has only SPF 15. I want IT CC to be the end of the road for me, because of the good ingred. and high SPF. The Ponds BB was on sale at CVS buy 1 get 1 free, so for $10.99 I got 2. I figured I didn't really have anything to loose. I can't tell you how many foundations, bb and cc's I have tried. I have several that are ok and many that just didn't work. The Pond's was the cheapest I ever tried. I have in my desperation to find a foundation that worked for me I have gone from cheap to expensive.

I also tried the Celebration foundation and found it too cakey for me.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for your reply, Naryn! I didn't use a lot, but did wonder if it would be better with a brush. It's just that there is too much of an ick factor in using the brush they had in the store! I'm glad it is working for you!

Super Contributor

I've never had luck with It, but I keep trying and hoping. The lastest fail was the cc cream for me. I just did not care for it no matter how I tried to apply it.

Respected Contributor

Irishrose, thanks! Let us know how the eyelift works for you! It wasn't bad in the store, but more noticeable as the day wore on. The coverage was fabulous, but I think her products might just be too heavy for me. I'm still deciding whether to take the plunge with this one though. A very light touch might work?

Thanks for the suggestions on foundations. I'm allergic to something in the original Double Wear. My skin is just too &$*#*&^ sensitive!