Contributor

oh lawd!!! turned 50 in nov. menopause in dec. my undereyes recently went to heck overnight. i'm a type that won't go out w/o makeup. now i really need to embrace a less is more look because w/o makeup the wrinkles aren't so noticeable.

my skin isn't too bad. i've used philosophy skin care & baremineral makeup for years. but i feel i need good coverage makeup around my eyes because of darkness & redness. i seem to always have allergy eyes - itchy, watery. for some reason the skin on my upper eyelids gets very itchy & irritated. always dry, dry, dry undereye. can't use anything retinyl/retinol because i shrivel up like a raisin...i've tried philosophy miracle worker & time in a bottle for eyes. makes them look worse than ever!!

Honored Contributor

Re: 50....need makeup help!!

I have found that since menopause my skin is very sensitive. I have to patch test all products before putting them on my face! Maybe you need to use less stuff and try patch tests on your inner arms to see if you are sensitive to anything. Seriously, at 50 you are just starting down this long road called menopause - it is going to get worse before it gets better. Wait til you start getting hot flashes and sweating all day long!
Trusted Contributor

I've been amazed at how much my skin has changed (I've got a few years on you). It's not oily anymore, but still have some acne! I used Bare Minerals for years too, but don't find it works for me as well as it used to. Here are a few suggestions, there are so many products out there.

Tarte smooth operator amazonian clay concealer. I find this covers dark circles very well and does not accentuate the wrinkles.

Boujois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation. I used light med in BE, and 52 in this. Bourjois owns Chanel cosmetics, and their line is excellent. Available on lifeandlooks.com and asos.com. I also love the Perfect 123 CC Cream, which has lighter coverage.

2 websites to research for products and reviews: Truth in Aging and Paula's Choice. The Beautypedia reviews on Paula's Choice rate most of the Philosophy products very low, die to irritating ingredients. I haven't tried any of PC products, but a lot of people rave about them.

Lisaeldridge.com has a wonderful set of videos on foundation. You're bound to pick up some tips from them!

Super Contributor

I am over 50 and in my second year of meno. I use my normal eye cream (serious skin care revita-lift) which tightens but doesn't moisturize real well. After my makeup is applied I go back looking for wrinkles and dry spots. For dry spots I pat a tiny bit of argan beauty balm and for lines I use a wrinkle filler. My favorite is Smashbox. My left eye has crow's feet from sleeping on that side and my upper lip has crinkles from smoking/using a straw. The Smashbox works on large pores as well. I tap it on top of makeup because under makeup it gets spread around too much. For a concealer start on the low end first, Maybelline Age Rewind is great. I wouldn't use BE Bisque although you could try the ready concealer by BE. Good luck!!

Contributor

Hi Sassykitty~

For undereyes I use Strivectin under eyecream and I found it really works~! Been using for a few weeks and love and for my eyes, I also find the Hot Lashes heated eyelash curler really keeps my lashes curled beautifully and I get a youthful look...my eyes are looking really great now.

hth...all the best~

Super Contributor

A "please" and a "thank you" would be way more mannerly and courteous, QBoards Newbie. Your title and original post doesn't sound appreciative of the other posters' time and effort, nor is it the best (almost) first impression to make.

Honored Contributor

I had to quit using bare essentials because it irritated my eye allergies. I'd try another makeup line and see if it helps your symptoms.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

On 4/2/2014 Feline Fine said:

A "please" and a "thank you" would be way more mannerly and courteous, QBoards Newbie. Your title and original post doesn't sound appreciative of the other posters' time and effort, nor is it the best (almost) first impression to make.

No offence, but isn't this above what you wrote????. *Be Cool*Be Kind*Don't Judge* She is new, be nice.

Super Contributor

If you please, do you think this is a very friendly welcome?

Thank you.

Super Contributor

On 4/2/2014 Kind1too said:

If you please, do you think this is a very friendly welcome?

Thank you.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}