Contributor

I was stunned yesterday when Jill Bauer, selling the sonic toothbrush/whitening tsv said, you can go the salon to get rid of grey hair but what about grey teeth. My grey Wen hair is mid way down my back and I get compliments almost daily. Ladies tell me all the time that they wish they had the nerve to quit coloring or that they hope their hair turns as beautifully as mine when they start getting grey. It is great to be free of the coloring routine...free to be me...compliments of God, the best colorist.

When I watch Fox news I often think the female anchors look like they were dipped in the same blond color. How special. I am a hair stylist and enjoy being unique. Anyone can get a haircut like everyone else, can have coloring like everyone else, or keep the same look they've had for years and years, but it's much more fun to grow!

Super Contributor

But it is true. You can go to a salon or DIY to color your grey. It doesn't mean you have to or need to cover your your grey. We can choose what we think suits us best. As a hair stylist you know that better than most.

Occasional Contributor
I,too, am gloriously gray- free from coloring after just about thirty years of doing it! I love my gray hair - but I sure don't want gray teeth!! I am looking forward to trying out this new whitening system. Then I can flash gray hair and white teeth! Sounds like a great combination to me!
Honored Contributor

Why would anyone be stunned that a host or anyone, for that matter, would state the obvious? It's not as if she said that people SHOULD color their gray; she simply said that people DO color their gray.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
On 4/2/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Why would anyone be stunned that a host or anyone, for that matter, would state the obvious? It's not as if she said that people SHOULD color their gray; she simply said that people DO color their gray.

This. I'm happy for anyone who loves their hair color, no matter what color it is or how it got there. I've been a redhead by choice for many years now, long before I had my first gray hair. Do whatever makes you happy.

Honored Contributor
Woman who believe gray hair is flattering to them should by all means enjoy their silvery locks. Women who think their hair color looks like burnt newspapers moistened by dog pee (me) should enhance.
Trusted Contributor
On 4/2/2014 violann said: Woman who believe gray hair is flattering to them should by all means enjoy their silvery locks. Women who think their hair color looks like burnt newspapers moistened by dog pee (me) should enhance.

LOL!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} As someone with blah brown hair all my life, blonde highlights and coloring made my hair pop. Many compliments over the years. As my hair now is not overall grey the coloring is again a plus. And I like me as a medium blonde.

To each their own but all my friends who are gray look older than they are.

Respected Contributor

My hair is light brown with tons of silver growing in. The best part is the silver is growing in at equal amounts all over my head. My hair still looks highlighted and I actually stopped highlighting my hair last year for the first time ever. I always did my own hair which is very long.

I do miss the extra body the bleach gave me but my hair is still full and in excellent condition right now. Once I turn completely silver I will probably highlight my hair again so it looks more blonde. I do think gray hair ages you a few years but if you like it that's all that matters. Long hair can too but I love my hair and will probably never cut it short. I do cut off 2 inches every month.

Occasional Contributor
I agree with ChynnaBlue -do whatever makes you happy. My med brown hair has been colored since I was in my late 40's when the grey appeared. Now in my early 60's I feel it keeps me looking younger. my only complaint is the monthly cost of going to the salon. I'll see how my real color looks when I turn 70 then decide what to do after that.
Esteemed Contributor
On 4/2/2014 violann said: Woman who believe gray hair is flattering to them should by all means enjoy their silvery locks. Women who think their hair color looks like burnt newspapers moistened by dog pee (me) should enhance.

LOL, standing by you in that assessment of my gray and continuing to color.

I'm sure I'll give it up one of these days but today is not the day. Smiley Happy