Frequent Contributor

In trying to sell today's TSV Shawn just said people with white teeth are more trustworthy. Seriously? I've heard many ridiculous claims made on shopping channels to sell a product but Shawn gets the award for one of the silliest claims ever made....

Super Contributor

Re: So....Shawn just said this

wow, I'd have said the opposite-- people with over-white teeth seem less trustworthy to me, or like they are trying to sell me something (literally true on QVC!) Remember Ross in Seinfeld, Shawn? {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Thanks for catching this gem!

Honored Contributor

People with white teeth are more superficial.

Contributor

I agree that was a ridiculous comment. I will have to buy the TSV so people can trust me. LOL

Super Contributor

I do not think having nice teeth that are white and straight hurts. But do they make you more trustworthy? Hmmmm.....
Esteemed Contributor

Well, I think their mouths get ahead of their brains sometimes- I know it happens to me all the time.

Honored Contributor

I will say that people who have whiter teeth probably have more money, since tooth whitening products are expensive.

But they are not more trustworthy. What a kooky thing to say.

Honored Contributor

On 4/1/2014 happycat said:

Well, I think their mouths get ahead of their brains sometimes- I know it happens to me all the time.

Didn't Lisa say white teeth make you look thinner? The hosts will say anything.

Honored Contributor

Too-white, unnaturally white teeth look very bad to me.

Teeth are not meant to be bleached, glow in the dark white. It looks - well, all sorts of negative terms come to mind that have nothing to do with too-white teeth so I won't say them. I'll just say it looks bad. Whiter is not necessarily better.

Honored Contributor

On 4/1/2014 Daysdee said:
On 4/1/2014 happycat said:

Didn't Lisa say white teeth make you look thinner? The hosts will say anything.

I'd expect Lisa to say blackened teeth make you look thinner! White makes you look larger! I am sure she knows that! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}