Respected Contributor

Scents and Common Sense April Thread - Welcome!

Hi everyone! Happy April Fool's Day, hope no one is pranked and it's the start of a wonderful month. Come talk about your newest finds in make-up and fragrance, hits and misses.

Regular Contributor

Re: Scents and Common Sense April Thread - Welcome!

Hi All -- Happy April Fool's Day!!

Desi -- Glad you decided to go to a hotel and hope you get some rest. I agree with you about the port-a-potty. When work was done on our cottage last summer there were four guys there. Don't remember them using our bathrooms -- they probably went behind the garage!

Snow! - Hope that the last of it for all of us.

DH and I went to the country and had our hair done -- we both feel lighter and I was so happy to have my hair cut and a perm. It was a beautiful sunny day and it must be 60 now.

We're babysitting Benson -- DD and DSIL leave for Las Vegas tomorrow morning. DSIL has a conference at Cesaer's Palace until Sat. morning then they will rent a car and drive to the Grand Canyon and then to Sedona, AZ and will return on April 8th.

doglover -- So glad you like the Forever Elizabeth fragrance. You must have made DH very happy saying you liked it so much. It sounds nice and soft and all the notes must blend together nicely and no one note is overpowering.

Thanks. I have a sharpener that I'll try. The crayon liners are so soft and you really don't have to press hard at all so they should stay for quite a while before needing to be sharpened.

Funny story about DH and your MIL's orange drapes -- most men aren't very observant. I know mine isn't -- about what I wear or things around the house. If I say I want new drapes, he says what's wrong with these! But I do want to buy new mini blinds for the kitchen and spare bedroom before we move to the cottage.

Pepes mom -- Hope all goes well for you -- good that you may not need surgery and hope the PT helps you.

Have a nice evening everyone!!

Super Contributor

Hi! I don't know if this is the right place or not to ask a fragrance question. But.........here goes.

Does anyone know how Bobbi Brown's Beach fragrance comes across?

Respected Contributor

Irishrose, yes you came to the right place and when Desi signs on she can most certainly help with that.

Janet, you can say that again and boy, my DH really really doesn't notice anything and I do mean anything, things that are changed I mean. Yes, you don't need much at all with those chubby crayon type liners and yes they do last a pretty long time, can 't go wrong.

I got my IT stain sticks today or should say someone else did but came and put them in our mail box, DS saw them and talked to them, don't know them. They are anti aging and have a lot of different oils plus Vitamins, go on very smooth. I put the rose flush on my cheeks before going out today, very nice. The other one looks like a plain no color gloss stick so will try that later and see since it is suppose to have the slightest hint of color and a lot like that one the best so will put that on my cheeks and lips later(3 or 4 AM that is later huh).

Well, got my Forever Elizabeth today. It was shipped from Scentiments in a plastic bag packed with that bubble wrap. I usually get from fragrancenet and that comes in a box so wasn't sure what this was when it came.

I do like it and think anyone that likes a nice soft subtle feminine scent would like this. It lasted a little over 3 hours on me but later before going out I sprayed my top all over as well and that I could still smell when I changed clothes tonight, just now. I really can't put my finger on any specific scent in this. It is just soft and subtle and no outstanding scent that I can tell on me but is very nice for spring and summer or anytime you want something nice, soft and feminine. It might have a very very soft fruity scent to it but isn't all that since I am not into any foodie scents other than a very few vanilla's, CD SDV and PSS vanilla orchid and use to like SCA vanilla meringue.

edited to add, didn't think of it before but put the IT stain stick that looks clear on the back of my hand, isn't clear at all but a very nice soft sort of rose/pink where the rose flush is a bit more rosy pink, deeper rosy pink but both are very nice for both cheeks and lips.

Respected Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}Hi Janet, Irishrose, Doglover, everyone.

Think I slept well? Found out the hotel right across (like 10 feet) from a bottling plant and the huge delivery trucks run all night and back-up beep! Not sure dry-wall nailing would be worse but at least I had my own bathroom. Only have the room a couple more days. I really would prefer to be home. My back is killing me, I can't get any shopping channels, and I am generally not happy. DH must feel a little bad, we went out to dinner. Not bad enough to ask them to bring a port-a-potty though. I'd do it if he'd let me. He thinks the price would be prohibitive, not sure that's true. Janet, if they want to go outside I wouldn't say a word. Not to mention, one crew came up and used our microwave! I am so uncomfortable with this.

The weather was nice today at least.

Doglover, did you get Forever yet? Glad you liked your stain sticks.

Irishrose, I can only tell you the dupe of Beach from Pittsburghstreetsoapworksco. is nice. Very strong, jasmine note, sort of suntan lotion to some people. I haven't smelled any real BB fragrances, sorry.

Janet, glad you like your liners.

I won't be on-line as much as normal, this chair is too uncomfortable, but wanted to check-in.

Super Contributor

Thank you Desi! Hope you survive your remodeling. What an inconvenience, but worth it in the end! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Irishrose, you are welcome. Happy to have you here!

Hope the basement looks good when they are done. Believe me, if we weren't repairing what was damaged from the flood (pipe broke) I wouldn't have even considered remodeling.

Respected Contributor

A234861 No Image Found

It Cosmetics Vitality Flush Reviver Color StainStick Duo

Item Price: $29.00

this is the stain stick duo I got and I like both colors. The one that is clear looking really isn't, is a very very light pinkish rose while the rose flush is a nice soft rose, like both colors so glad I decided to get the duo of 2 different ones instead of 2 of the same since they only had a duo in rose flush for the same(darker rose color but still soft).

Valued Contributor

Hello and Happy April. I'm lightheaded today due to pain meds. Yuck.

Desi: I don't blame you for not wanting workers using your bathroom. That is such a personal space. Hoping the works goes quickly and is done correctly.

doglover: happy you are liking the stain sticks. I have the clear-ish one. Don't like how it feels on my cheeks, but love it on my lips. Did you know that you can stop the development of color by blotting and applying a clear gloss over it if you use it on your lips. Some women complained that they liked how the color looked initially, but didn't like how it looked after, for lack of a better term, dry down. Said the color was too garish.

Janet: What is the status on the great sweatpant search? You speaking of the cottage makes me happy. I know spring/summer is honestly on the way.

As for men not noticing things. My husband will look at me and ask if I did something different to my hair- like a cut or color. Usually a week or so after I make a change.

Updated Doc Awesome on Pepe the other day. Also gave him the run-down on my issues. He, as usual, was wonderful and offered opinions about my issues. Nothing big, but warned me about how bad the thoracic surgery will be. I value his opinion, and he didn't say anything I didn't already know.

We had beautiful weather yesterday. Was in the 70s. Today is in the 50s. Liked yesterday better, but at least its not snowing or polar vortexing.

Regular Contributor

Desi -- Sorry you are not very comfortable in the hotel -- the backup beeps would drive me crazy. Can't believe they asked to use the microwave! Hope the repairs are finished soon and you can sleep in your own bed. Does DH keep you updated on their progress? Glad you continue to post!

doglover -- Glad you like the IT stain sticks -- never saw them but will see if there's a video of the presentation.

Hope you like the Taylor Swift Wonderstruck and Wonderstruck Enchanted. They both sound nice. I get lots of fragrance samples in magazines and newpaper fliers but don't remember seeing Wonderstruck. I have a pile of paper samples and quite a few are Cashmere Mist which I really like.

Did my Leslie Sansone 2-Mile Walking Video today for the first time in a while. Felt really good to move and use different muscles.

pepes mom -- So nice that Dr. Awesome talked to you about your issues -- he must be a very caring person and wonderful how he takes care of Pepe, Bella and BooBoo.

The search for my sweatpants is on hold until I can get to Walmart which I hope is this week.

It was nice getting down to the country but didn't even try to go to the cottage. The driveway still has a lot of snow -- we would have to park on the road and walk up to the cottage so we'll wait until the snow melts.

Pain medications are never fun -- they upset your whole system! Take care and be well!

Irishrose -- Wish I could help you with Bobbie Brown's Beach fragrance but I've never tried it.

Have a nice evening everyone!