Regular Contributor

Thinking of getting one with the Sephora discount. Leaning toward #1 but looking for input and opinions. Thanks. BTW - I have brown eyes.

Super Contributor

I have brown eyes, and love my 1 naked. The naked 2 would be nice too, but don't think I'd like the # 3

Super Contributor

Personally, I don't like so many glittery shades. Looking at the Naked Basics or the IT Matte palette or the Paula's Choice matte palette.

Super Contributor

adding there are I think 2 in the naked 1 that are too glittery for me, but the rest are a very pretty shimmer or matte

Trusted Contributor

I have and am in love with the 1st version. The colors are amazing on brown eyes and I do not find them shimmery at all. There are a couple but I have even incorporated them in small amounts when I got out. You will love it!

Honored Contributor
On 3/31/2014 KateChopin said:

Personally, I don't like so many glittery shades. Looking at the Naked Basics or the IT Matte palette or the Paula's Choice matte palette.

Kate Chopin (love her writing, btw), I have both the Naked Basics and PC's matte palette. I highly recommend the latter.

They're both similar quality, but the PC palette is what I had wished the Naked palette had been -- a better selection of mid toned shades. I very much think that Goss/Begoun had the Naked Basics in mind when they formulated this one and that they wanted to improve upon it.

Twelve shades rather than six definitely was the way to go, and the reviews bear that out. You can usually find a promo for PC, which would bring it closer to the UD's price.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I have all three and while I used to love 1 the most for the last 6 months or so 2 has been my favorite. I think now that spring has hit I'll probably be giving 3 it's due, finally. I'm warm toned with green eyes though.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I have brown eyes too and love the Basic Naked palette with only 5 or 6 shades that aren't shimmery or glittery.

Contributor
I have 1,2 and 3 and love each of them. Just received 3 last week so I haven't had much time to use it, but it's a great, happy spring palette. Of the three, I think both 2 and 3 tend to lean towards warmer tones if that makes a difference to you. Whatever you choose, I think you'll be thrilled. They are definitely some of my favorite "go tos"...enjoy!
Honored Contributor

I LOVE the original Naked palette. I will say that I go without using a lot of the colors at all and some I've hit pan on. Replacing just the colors I use all the time would be $80 and the whole Naked palette is $52.

My most frequently used colors are Naked, Buck, and Virgin. I use Virgin as a highlight for almost any look I do and it's one of my all time favorite shadows. Sometimes I use Sin as a lid color and it's lovely without too much fallout. I also really like Sidecar, but Sidecar has more glitter fallout, so I make sure I use an eye primer meant for sticking glitter down if I use Sidecar. I really like Darkhorse and Hustle to smudge under my lower lashline.

When I go on vacation, that's the only palette I take with me.

I have brown eyes, red hair, and fair neutral skin.