Regular Contributor

I love, love, love the PM moisturizer and I have used the AM moisturizer as well. For those of you who use these products or have in the past, do the parabens or chemical sunscreens worry you? My derm continues to recommend these products, and I should add I get wonderful results. I just don't want to do any harm to my body. Thoughts?

Respected Contributor

People can make themselves crazy worrying about every little thing. If your derm recommends it and you like it, stick with CeraVe.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with happygal.

Honored Contributor

Do your homework. There's no proof that chemical sunscreens or parabens cause cancer. Some people may have a sensitivity to them, but that's a different story. I think there comes a point when we can drive ourselves crazy, fretting about every little thing. I believe CeraVe products to be very good. Many dermatologists recommend it.

Trusted Contributor

GOTPAW>>>CeraVe works for me and one dear friend loves it also. Both of us go to different "Derms" and they both recommended it to us. I just got the night version to try, so I cannot speak for that...but the day one is working well and I am 67 with average skin, not a lot of problems there. Don't worry. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

Honored Contributor

Paula Begoun has always given CeraVe products high marks on Beautypedia.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/by-brand/cerave?sort=product&direction=as...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

I love the Cerave foaming cleanser, the PM moisturizer, the eye cream and the regular lotion. I don't like the AM with SPF, because I prefer physical sunscreens. I use EltaMD SPF 46.

Trusted Contributor

I don't use any of the CeraVe sunscreen products, but I swear by the moisturizer in the tub. I'm oily and acne prone and it works great for me all year round. I also like to use the hydrating cleanser in the a.m.

Valued Contributor

My dermatologist recommends CeraVe and I've been pleased with the PM moisturizer (can't use the AM moisturizer because I am sensitive chemical sunscreen), I love the moisture cream in the tub (I used it every day), and the foaming facial cleanser. I am not going to worry about the tiny bit of parabens in some of their products. As you know, it's there in very, very small amounts to preserve the product from contamination (mold, bacteria, etc.). I am not going worry myself about that tiny bit of parabens when nobody has ever conclusively proved that parabens cause any cancer at all.

Super Contributor

Do what you think is right and is good for you. There is a zillion products out on the market. Something for everybody.