Valued Contributor

O/T, car insurance, who do you use?

We're looking for coverage because our rates keep going with with Travelers. Sorry to ask this on the beauty forum but more traffic here. By getting quotes the floodgates have opened and I'm getting more and more frustrated.

The very best rate is by Elephant but don't know anything about them and haven't found any info on the internet. My daughter uses them for her car but hasn't had any claims so I'm wondering how they would handle a claim.

Any suggestions or experiences would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Super Contributor

Re: O/T, car insurance, who do you use?

State Farm.

Respected Contributor

ESurance It is an Allstate company. It is super easy to manage online and chat with the people. I don't have to go into the office because I'm never in town to visit my Farm Bureau agent anymore. I can chat online with them or call. I can print my own cards, pay online, manage claims (I've not had any, THANK GOD), or adjust my auto payment. But I do a great deal of things online since I live in a rural area, so it is the best way to shop out services to save money and time for me.

Respected Contributor

State Farm....both home/car

Super Contributor

Husband and I have been with Farmers for about 35 years. Never have made a claim. Never looked into any other insurance companies... we have our home and cars with Farmers.

Esteemed Contributor

It's sooooo individual based on your vehicles, miles you drive, where you live, and deductibles.

Most of the time you can save $ if you raise deductibles (if you can afford the risk).

You will get spam if you ask for quotes online so if you have a junk email, use that. I never give my real phone $ when using online services. It will get crazy.

Respected Contributor

Travelers... Sorry!

Super Contributor

GEICO for me. I've been with them for 20 years - very simple to do business with, never bothered looking elsewhere.

Super Contributor

State Farm for over 40 years for home and car.

Respected Contributor

Liking the lizard. DH spent hours researching prices and programs a couple of months ago. He found the best rate for us at Geico. Since then he purchased a truck and it took about three minutes to take care of the paperwork by phone. They faxed info to the title company and we were done. Very pleased with their service, and have heard nothing bad from friends who use them, including accident coverage. BTW, the people we dealt with on the phone each time have been American, US based. Because of his hearing issues, this is a big plus.