Respected Contributor

I just placed my first Paula's Choice Order

Ok, after watching a GrossMakeupArtist video on blackheads https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs1PHQZu5q8 I went to Paula's Choice website and looked at their BHA products. They are on sale for 20% off, so I went to looking. I purchased their 2% BHA gel, a skin balancing oil absorbing mask, a self tanner, and 3 free samples. I used a coupon for 15% off and free shipping from retailmenot amgshopapr15 I shall see how things go with it to help my clogged pores on my nose and area around the nose. Also my chin tends to breakout during PMS, still, so I hope these really do help. I have seen many recommendation for Paula's Choice, so off I go.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I just placed my first Paula's Choice Order

I have been using Paula's products since 1995 and love them. Her BHA helps with the whiteheads on my nose and chin. She always has specials and if you sign up for her email, she will send you "one day specials". The last one was 30% off her Retinol Body Lotion.

Trusted Contributor

I have been using Paula's products since 1995 and love them. Her BHA helps with the whiteheads on my nose and chin. She always has specials and if you sign up for her email, she will send you "one day specials". The last one was 30% off her Retinol Body Lotion.

Valued Contributor

I too am new to Paula's Choice too! I just purchased her matte nude eyeshadow collection and I am blown away (she developed it in conjunction with Wayne Gross) the best nude palette I have ever purchased. And yesterday I received, in the mail, her Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer....I was looking for a daily moisturizer. I am hoping it is all she said it was {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I like her research and her prices are better for my pocketbook, and I have read so much about her hear on the Boards. I hope your BHA gel and mask work out for you!

Honored Contributor

I remain impressed by Paula and her products. Have you visited Beautypedia? There was a time that one was required to subscribe to it and pay to read the reviews there. I dragged my heels, but then figured I was wasting money, buying products that just didn't perform, so I finally broke down and subscribed.

Almost immediately after I did that I discovered that Paula was making access to Beautypedia FREE. Annoying! I'd just paid to subscribe! But I was contacted by the company and told I'd receive a refund for my subscription -- unless, of course, I just wanted to put the total towards a Paula's Choice product.

I like the way she does business. That deal was pretty darned smart: I ordered a product and was so smitten with the speed of delivery and how the product was packaged that I kept ordering. I regularly use her cleanser, Moisture Boost, and I still like it.

I hope you have a similar experience with your order.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

I've tried many skin care lines over the years and Paula's Choice hands down has been my favorite. I use quite a few of her products including a BHA lotion. It was one of my first purchases from her. I was using it faithfully because I wanted to get rid of tiny blackheads on my nose and began to think it might not work. Well one day I looked in the mirror and my nose was crazy clear. LOL It simply took a bit of time to get the results and now I just use to maintain. I hope you like her products as well.

Frequent Contributor

I have been using Paula's Choice for years (no idea when I started, though!) Her skin care is the only line I use. I also love her shadows. At one time she had branched out into makeup and I am still using some of that, but she discontinued most of that line and now focuses mainly on skin care. I think her products outperform any others I've ever tried.

To the OP: If you find that 2% is too strong, her customer service will work with you to return/exchange it. I've never used that service (because I pretty much love everything I try of her line), but she has lower percentages of both her BHA and AHA and sometimes it's trial and error, so don't give up! I'm convinced if someone doesn't find what they're looking for in her line, they haven't looked at everything, because there's not a single product she offers that cannot be backed up with objective studies which are unbiased. (She doesn't own the labs and the studies done are double-blind as I understand it.) There's something in her line for every skin issue from what I've seen.

Honored Contributor

Good luck with your PC products. I have been using her products for a couple of years. Not everything worked for me, but I do like and continue to use her BHA options.

Super Contributor

I love her products! I use the BHA lotion in the winter and the liquid in the summer. I keep meaning to try the gel. I use her Resist line and this winter also used the Recovery line. Her pore reducing cleanser and toner are amazing! I've been a fan of hers since her first books in the 1990's. I also use Dr. Denese and a few other brands here and there, but I always come back to Paula.

Super Contributor

I am currently using her Moisture Boost Cleanser, 4%BHA foam, Resist Super Light Spf 30, and Resist Intensive Retinol serum. I have been very pleased with everything I have tried. I am also using her bronzer, eye shadow palette, new mascara and Resist Satin Finish Powder. There is 20% off her Vitamin c booster serum today. I tried a sample of this one and was very impressed. I plan on switching to it when I finish my current vitamin c serum.