Honored Contributor

O/T How to remove negative ebay feedback I left

DH bought a pair of motorcycle boots on Ebay and it turned into a big mess. Seller doesn't know ins and outs of Ebay and didn't ship, then he left a fake Fed Ex number. It was obvious he wasn't reading his email. At that point I opened a case with Ebay and got a refund. Now the guy has shipped the boots so I paid him with a check. He wants that negative feedback removed. I've agreed to do it, but I don't have a clue how to do this. In over 5,000 transactions in 10 years I have never left a negative feedback.

Super Contributor

Re: O/T How to remove negative ebay feedback I left

There is a way to do it, but not sure what it is. You can call ebay 1-866-540-3229 and they will walk you through it--assuming you get a decent rep! Sometimes you have to call more than once hoping for someone who knows what they're talking about.

I'm a seller and know that negs are devastating, but if the seller did all that stuff you mentioned, (even though he ultimately shipped them), does he really deserve to have the neg removed? Sounds like he messed up big time and may have really deserved the neg.

Honored Contributor

can you update your feedback?

I think you used to be able to, I do agree with you in principle, but an update saying that you rec'd the goods is ok

Super Contributor

I say call them. They are really, really nice and helpful over the phone. They will talk you through exactly what to do.

Super Contributor

I would leave the negative feedback. I, myself, believe he shipped the boots ONLY because he wants the negative feedback changed. If you didn't leave feedback, odds are you would have never received your item, be grateful you received a refund at all, especially since he left bogus fedex info!

I never received an item once and after not receiving any replies to my emails, I left negative feedback. Low and behold I received an email just hours after my feedback! I was told they would refund my money only if I changed the feedback as it would take 100 or more 5 stars to negate that one negative...blah blah! Can you believe that!!!!!! I told them I would, got my refund but left the feedback because the fact remains...i never received the item and they were shady.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I know negs are devastating, I sold years ago with DD but she did the Ebay work, I just supplied the merchandise and typed the description. (antique dealer, plus old jewelry) She is a professional photographer and I hate cameras. That's why I've never left a negative, sometimes I just didn't leave feedback if I was really unhappy. I always make sure to read the negs on a seller I am interested in. Some of those negatives are for the flimsiest of reasons. Seller wouldn't give combined shipping when it was never promised in the first place (sometimes you are asking for breakage). Seller shipped three days late. The item was chipped, when the chip was pointed out in the description. None of that warrants a negative.

Valued Contributor

Regular Contributor

On 3/27/2014 depglass said:

Yes, I know negs are devastating, I sold years ago with DD but she did the Ebay work, I just supplied the merchandise and typed the description. (antique dealer, plus old jewelry) She is a professional photographer and I hate cameras. That's why I've never left a negative, sometimes I just didn't leave feedback if I was really unhappy. I always make sure to read the negs on a seller I am interested in. Some of those negatives are for the flimsiest of reasons. Seller wouldn't give combined shipping when it was never promised in the first place (sometimes you are asking for breakage). Seller shipped three days late. The item was chipped, when the chip was pointed out in the description. None of that warrants a negative.

True, and I read the negs as well on sellers who are new to me. I disregard those, but would want to know about your experience. I don't want a big mess, I want a simple transaction. I pay, they ship the correct item in a timely fashion. If that doesn't happen, that's what negative feedback is for, isn't it? I want the warning!

Super Contributor

the seller needs to request that you revise the feedback.

then it makes it easy for you to do that. Tell them to go to site map at the bottom of the ebay page, then under community/feedback, seller needs to click on request feedback revision, and go from there