Regular Contributor

Any new inventions for blond facial hair permanant removal?

I am so tired of my hormonal blonde mustache and tweezing blonde chin hairs. I keep praying with all the new technology something will be successful. What do you blondes do for facial fair besides wax?
Super Contributor

Re: Any new inventions for blond facial hair permanant removal?

I got the No No for my white facial fuzz, and I love it. It's not permanent and I use it about every 3 days or so. I much prefer it to waxing or depilatories because it's not taking off the top layer of my skin.

The areas I have the most trouble with are above my lip and right on my chin -- wouldn't you know it? The very areas you want to address!

The lip access may be because I disregarded the "you must always use the small head on the low level for the face" and just use the larger head cranked up all the way. It's difficult getting above the lip with the large head, and it's difficult coming up and around the chin without losing contact. I've had a chin implant and I don't know if it would be so hard if I was implant-free in that area.

I think the ONLY real permanent solution for light hair is electrolysis. If I was only concerned about my lip and chin hair, I'd definitely look into it, but I've gotten that fuzzy stuff as I've gotten older.

I hope someone else comes along who will be more helpful. Good luck!

Valued Contributor

Why couldn't you dye it dark and use a laser to remove?
Regular Contributor

Hmmm good idea? Wonder if it would work?
Esteemed Contributor

I'm just amazed that you have 'blonde' hormonal facial hair. I'm blonde - turning gray - and my hormonal hairs on my lip and chin are black. Not hard to miss! I pluck every day (thank goodness there are only 4 or 5 of them!)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2014 jewel3 said: Why couldn't you dye it dark and use a laser to remove?

The part of the hair with the follicle below the skin would still be light so it wouldn't work.

Respected Contributor

You might want to try The ""Hair Off Facial Buffer"". Around $5 on drugstore.com and it works great!

Respected Contributor

The me smooth does all hair colors and all skin tones. http://mepower.com/hair-removal-device.html/?tabs=clinicallyproven
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Super Contributor

I have a Wizzit from As Seen on tvdotcom. It is a battery operated hair remover similar to the Emjoi. I have had it for 6 years and love it. It stings a bit at first but you get used to it and then don't feel it. Best 19.95 that I have ever spent. I even have a backup in my closet. It doesn't work well on your legs but I have blonde hairs on my arms and hands and it works there. Eventually the hairs become less although not all go away.

Honored Contributor

Nobody likes to hear this, but electrolysis is the only method that removes hair permanently. It works on any color hair.

It is not a quick or inexpensive solution, and there is some discomfort (didn't bother me at all). This was my only investment in any type of beauty procedure, and it was so worth it and then some.

I was getting to the point where I was becoming obsessive about plucking on my chin, to the point where I was damaging my skin and getting depressed about the whole thing. I did not like any other mechanical type methods, and laser doesn't hit light hairs and is not labeled as permanent.

Now I have no hairs on my chin and upper lip -- permanently. It is such a relief for me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland