Valued Contributor

which 24 hr. cream from Skinn is better

Skinn Cosmetics Collagenesis 24-Hour Youth Preservation Cream 2 oz or

Skinn Collagenesis 24-Hour Wrinkle & Dryness Relief Balm - 1.3 oz

thanks for your help

Honored Contributor

Re: which 24 hr. cream from Skinn is better

The balm is made to be used over the cream, especially if you are very dry.

Valued Contributor

ty Shelbelle......you are so smart...thanks for answering my question.

Super Contributor

I don't like anything "balm" because it is sooooo thick.... you have to use a scooper as nothing would come out of the jar when doing with your finger. I have very dry skin, but a balm is just too much trouble. I really don't think most (if not all) of us need a balm.

BTW, I use the 24-Hour Youth Preservation Cream. It works even better than Bobbi Brown's Extra Repair Moisture Cream ($93 for 1.7oz jar).

Respected Contributor

Shelbelle, you can do it that way but I dont think you have too. I couldnt even imagine using the balm but if I was very very dry I sure would. It looks like a nice rich cream (its a pale pink crm), not salvie like you would think of as most balms are.

Respected Contributor

But yes lucky girl, the

24 Hour Youth Preservation Cream

is the one that gets great raves here, too much for my skin but hubs loves it. Smile

Respected Contributor

Love the 24 Hour Preservation Cream for my dry skin. It gets me through the day without feeling dry. I use the Wrinkle and Dryness Balm as a night cream. However, it is not greasy as one would expect from a balm. I have even used it during the day during this cold months that we have had.

Super Contributor

I kind of press/roll the balm over my crows feet, lip lines, and mean lines between my brows. Something pills up when I rub it over the 24 Hour Cream (or else I just don't wait long enough to apply the balm). I would say the 24 Hour Cream is essential, the balm isn't unless you're uber dry. I've also used (press/roll) Josie's and Tarte's oil over those same areas. I tell myself I'm just "locking in" the good stuff. :-)

Trusted Contributor

On 3/26/2014 Shelbelle said:

The balm is made to be used over the cream, especially if you are very dry.

Yes, this works nicely!

And no, this is not a balm where any kind of "scooper" is needed. It's a luxurious, dense cream that absorbs nicely. Smile

Super Contributor

I LOVE the 24 hour cream...and I have oily skin! No break outs, etc. It is lovely! I do not like that it is in jar packaging though.