Contributor

Dr Denese Day Cream vs It Cosmetics CC Cream

Do you see a difference? Do you like one better then the other? I'm an IT fan but I'm not sold completely on this. I find it drying, at least for me. My skin is crazy sometimes oily sometimes dry.

I love the brush but not enough to keep the set and I tend to use my fingers anyway. The gloss is nice but I find it to feel oily on yet I love her glosses and wear them all the time with her lipliner.

Tightline might be nice to have in waterproof but not something I use all the time.

What did you find the differences were between the two?

Super Contributor

Re: Dr Denese Day Cream vs It Cosmetics CC Cream

They are very different. I have and use both. For SPF, I would use the Dr. Denese, because you can apply enough to get the coverage. I would look like a mime if I applied enough IT cc cream for proper SPF coverage. I use the IT sparingly as my makeup/foundation. I use Denese when I want a single step product with SPF protection, but I think there are better ones out there. Also, the Denese is more drying than the IT cream, in my opinion. I returned the IT TSV because I liked the cc cream but am in between the light and fair. Went to ulta and bought one of each shade and got a nice GWP.

Valued Contributor

I have both and love the It CC in light for my fair skin. I use it several times a week and use one of my own foundation brushes to apply it. It goes on smoothly and gives me very good medium coverage and leaves my skin feeling moist. Sorry you had a problem with the color. I never use the Dr D cream and would throw it out if it hadn't been so expensive! I find it very drying, hard to apply because it has the consistency of paste and it gives me almost no coverage at all. Have tried mixing it with the serum and it just doesn't look good or feel good on my skin. I really wanted to like it. It has gotten so many raves on here but not from me. It's not anything like the CC at all. Stick with what you have.

Frequent Contributor

IT products are made in China and tested on animals. Why would you even consider using it?

Super Contributor

On 3/24/2014 MadamAnne said:

IT products are made in China and tested on animals. Why would you even consider using it?

They are not tested on animals, but they do use animal derived ingredients. The cc cream is made in Korea, but many of their products are made in China.
Contributor

Look, I didn't want to get into the politics of IT Cosmetics or any other Cosmetic company. If you choose not to use it for what ever reason, then that is your choice, but you should not interfere with those that choose to use it. My question was, who used both and which did you like and what were the differences that you noticed.

Why must those that can't contribute always interject and make a statement.

Thank you for your time and opinions of the product and how it worked for you. If anyone else can give their thoughts on the performance of the two I would love to hear them.

Frequent Contributor

I have & like both - in my opinion the CC cream is more moisturizing. When I use Dr. D day cream I also need to use a moisturizer, or some argan oil with it.

Super Contributor

I haven't tried IT CC cream because it has snail slime in it - but I absolutely love Dr. Denese Daycream. Doesn't sting my eyes.

Super Contributor

I think these 2 products are definitely applesSmiley Surprisedranges.

Dr. D product goes very matte on my very dry skin and I don't care at all for the way the shade seems to change on me by around 3 p.m. I felt like I had to put so much moisturizer on before this product that it actually was breaking it down. I threw my jar away in frustration.

The It product suits my skin so much better. It gives me the right amount of coverage, the shade is right and "holds" all day long and doesn't change, plus I think it actually improves my skin a little the more I wear it. I apply with a foundation brush when I really am trying to look good, but mostly just use my fingers! It's a good product, IMO.

I hope this thread doesn't go south like so many seem to!

Contributor

Thank you so much! This is just what I wanted to know. Today I'm wearing Dr. Denese cream all by itself and I it has a real job on its hands. My face is red from crying all night and most of today as I lost one of my best friends last night. I will try the It CC cream by itself tomorrow and see how it holds up. I might be doing something wrong. I like that the DD is Matte but I use the hydroshield underneath it. I use it under the CC cream also so maybe that is why I'm not a fan. I do love It's Celebration powder and have used that a lot with her primer. Again Thank you for your time to give me your thoughts on both of them.