Valued Contributor

What's your favorite highlighter for the "triangle of light"?

I've used Trish's and although I really liked it, I was hoping to find something less expensive. Anyone have something they love?? TIA

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's your favorite highlighter for the ""triangle of light""?

The general thought is that any illuminizing concealer will work for this technique.

I use LTE or Boots No 7 for an illuminizing concealer. You can get Boots No 7 at Target for around $13 if you want to try the look without a lot of $. Good LTE dupe.

I've seen a few LTE travel sizes on ebay if you want the real thing but don't want to splurge.

That said, I've tried the triangle of light.....sorry. I just don't get it. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

I love Laura Geller's baked highlighter in French Vanilla

Super Contributor

On 3/21/2014 upsidedown said:

I love Laura Geller's baked highlighter in French Vanilla

Second this, it's a good color with no shimmer. I use that with a Smashbox concealer in a stick form that is really light and It Illuminating powder. I also like to put LG under my eyebrows to give my eyes a lifted look
Super Contributor

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser in Brightening, Maybelline Dream Lumi concealer brightener in Radiant and Maybelline Fit Me concealer in a lighter shade than my normal. My normal under eye shade is 20 and I have the 15 I use as a brightener. In my opinion, no need at all to spend the money on Bobbi Brown.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Super Contributor

I recently bought BB and have liked it so far. IT recently came out with a brightening wand. I tried it when it was part of the Jan TSV. Hated the TSV but loved the wand. Glad that Ulta now sells it separately.

As mentioned above, I use a big crayon from IT with a matte illuminator on one end and a shinier one on the other end. Use the matte under my eyebrow and above the eyebrow, down my nose and middle of lips and then chin. I have a illuminator in crème form from IT to use at the top of my cheekbones.

Contributor

Loreal Lumi wand thing. Works nice

Super Contributor

I also love the Maybelline Instant Rewind in the Brightening shade. I also have the Fair shade and mix the two together sometimes. I don't actually do the Triangle of Light (I REALLY need to look up exactly how to do it), but I do bring the concealer down a little further than normal under my eyes before I use my CC cream/foundation. I also use just a touch under and around my nose/above my lipline to brighten that area as well. IMO, the Instant Rewind is one of the best concealer/brighteners out there. Not only does the color work for me, the consistency is great...not too thin nor too thick.

Contributor

I also use the Maybelline Instant Rewind Concealer in Brightening for this trick...read it right here on this forum and it works beautifully! I do the triangle then use the ELF foundation brush to blend.

Honored Contributor

I use the Mally Instant Erase with the brush. It's magic. It's the only make up I wear, right in the triangle. I have the Trish thing but it never worked for me. No magic.