Valued Contributor

Great find on Nail polish drying drops!

I am always behind so you guys may know about these already & have moved on! But I just found them. Was reading a magazine in the drs office where they review products they have tried & they rated these really high. "Sally Hansen Salon Manicure Dry & Go Drops" I had them for a week or so but last evening I was running behind getting ready to go w/dh out & really needed a coat of polish but no time to dry so I dug these out of the drawer, put on my polish, then a drop of these to each nail..stood there for maybe 30 seconds. Touched them to see if they were dry & wow they were dry & hard! They looked great! COOL! Today as I type this they still look really nice. Just wanted to pass this on just in case anyone was looking for something like this!

Super Contributor

Re: Great find on Nail polish drying drops!

Thanks, I'll have to try them.

Honored Contributor

The last time I used a product that became part of the polish or a quick drying polish, it barely wore for one week. Now I use a spray after two color coats and a top coat. I'm good for two weeks! (I use rubber gloves for dishes.) It's a big red can, Beauty Secrets Nail Polish Dryer from Sally Beauty Supply, also their .com. I just spritz, then I spray until I feel the cold on each nail. No dents an hour and a half later either. I'm good to go!

Super Contributor

I love the nail dry in the spray can, they sell them at Walmart and Walgreens, any drugstore probably, there's one in a fuchsia can too. They've always worked really well for me.

Super Contributor

I just read in one of my new magazines that a bowl of ice water works the same. Put your fingers/nails in it for a few minutes and that's it! Note: I haven't tried it, just read about it.

Respected Contributor

On 3/21/2014 LovemyBE said:

I just read in one of my new magazines that a bowl of ice water works the same. Put your fingers/nails in it for a few minutes and that's it! Note: I haven't tried it, just read about it.

For how long?! A few minutes in ice cold water? Think I'd rather use the drops OP suggested. Brrrr.
Super Contributor

It DOES work -- My mother told me about it, then she saw me doing it and asked "does that work?" I said, Mom, you're the one who told me about it!" I'm surprised she'd forgotten because I never once saw her without polish. Never saw her dunking her hands in ice water, though, come to think of it. But it was good advice nonetheless.

Super Contributor

On 3/21/2014 BellaCarro said:

For how long?! A few minutes in ice cold water? Think I'd rather use the drops OP suggested. Brrrr.

Says the woman who endured laser and then went back for more! :-)

It's doable and you can test how it's going to determine how long you have to keep your fingertips submerged. It's good in a pinch if you don't have a commercial product. I've even just run them under REALLY cold water if I didn't want to take the time to dunk, but it doesn't set as hard. I've had the sprays (liked them) but think I'd like the drops better -- no fumes to inhale or gel all over the counter or in the sink.

Valued Contributor

I was trying to think of what magazine I saw this in but I think it might have been the Ladies Journal for April. But anyway I was going to say that I got mine at Ulta. And the drops are really easy to apply. I think personally I would not like a spray. I tend to start sneezing when that aerosol stuff gets in the air!! LOL I really liked how this went on & dried so quickly! No mess!

Regular Contributor

Thanks. I will check these out. Im always looking for more drugstore finds. I love Sally Hansen polishes. They last alot longer than most polishes out there.