Trusted Contributor

Clothing on hosts WAY too tight!

Tuesday night beauty last night - horizontal lines from each side of the garment and the view from the back was incredible. You could make out every intimate part of her body. It would be impossible to sit in this dress fit this way.

Other times - cardigans fitting as though the hosts were growing children and have grown out of the sweaters. Jackets that don't meet in the middle.

Who styles these folks in such ill-fitting clothes? I couldn't wear tight clothes like this to my office much less on television for millions to see. Honestly, the office manager has spoken to more than one about too-tight clothing and we only have 40 in our office.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Clothing on hosts WAY too tight!

I agree, when the pants on the models are too tight and show more than they should, I do not buy, don't know if they look that way because the size is wrong or that is the way they are supposed to fit. I don't want to show all that, so pass on it.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, ITA. Whenever I see Carolyn on Denim & Co. I always think she should really go up a size. She always states that she is wearing a size XL, but she is bigger than me and I wear a 1X. Everything looks really tight on her - almost uncomfortable.

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.blushing}{#emotions_dlg.scared}Maybe "she" bought the dress and then didn't wear it until after she had gained a few pounds and just didn't realize how tight it was. Sometimes that happens. Especially with very fitted clothing, if you gain just a couple of pounds, it can make things go from looking "fitted" to "tight". Not a great look, but .... not my concern, I figured out a while ago that Q management really doesn't care what the hosts wear and there is no dress code there apparently. I try to worry about my own clothing fitting and try not to worry about others. It's best not to care, because it isn't going to change!

Frequent Contributor

Carolyn's a 3X or I'll eat my hat. We could be twins. I know fat because I AM fat.

Regular Contributor

Well, I don't think it's only a matter of how large a person is. I think anyone looks silly with jackets that are obviously gapping at least 4 inches in front - even a skinny model doesn't look right. Looks like the dry cleaner shrunk them a couple of sizes. I can't figure out what the reason for this is.....it's not like the hosts/models are 3X's and there is no larger size available for them. Why not put them in sizes that fit???? Can it be that there aren't larger sizes available because all of the samples are X-Small?

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Respected Contributor

On 3/19/2014 Deeby said:

Carolyn's a 3X or I'll eat my hat. We could be twins. I know fat because I AM fat.

Start eating your hat then.

Respected Contributor

I think our clothes should hang on us, not ride around us. Certain clothing is made to be snug--jeans, leggings, fitted tops.

Super Contributor

I gotta say tight clothes on a skinny girl aren't as bad as tight clothes on a chubby body. And before anyone goes nuts on me, I'm chubby too and do my best to conceal the chub and not let it all hang out. I'm also 52 so that may have something to do with me wanting to disguise it. Seriously though, skinny gets away with tight a lot more than chubby. Chubby and tight takes on the look of a 10lb bolognie in a 5 lb skin, as my grandmother used to say. It's big at my office too. The young women just out of college dress like they are going to a club- stilettos, camisole silk tops, low cut shirts and skin tight skirts hiked up so high that when the sit down they are constantly pulling on them. Cracks me up. I look around my office at men that are there and all I can think is who in this place are they trying to impress. None of them would give any of the men I work with a second thought. Especially around the first warm days of spring, that's when it all starts and HR puts out one of the many "all staff" emails reminding everyone about the dress code, but no one ever does anything about it. Then the AC goes on and all of them are freezing their butts off; it's quite comical.

Honored Contributor

TV cameras really do make people look bigger than they actually are. But I agree, Carolyn wears an XL when she does her D&Co shows and she looks uncomfortable. She's a 1x, maybe 2x. I bounce between a L and an XL myself, sometimes I buy 1x in slim pants. I have nothing against larger women. I shop with QVC, in part, because so many of the hosts have "real woman" bodies. Carolyn would look better if she wore clothes that fit her. The smaller gals can get away with shrink wrap clothes but that trick doesn't work for bigger or average size women. I like that Mary Beth doesn't do that. She's an average size woman; probably a size 10/12 and she always wears clothes that fit properly. The models and small size hosts can wear whatever they want to wear; it usually is too small and too tight but I truly don't care. I'm not buying clothes for hosts or for the models. I'm buying for myself and I KNOW what size I wear.