Trusted Contributor

I am curious about the brand Lipstick Queen and would love to know if any of you in the community have tried them and what do you think? What colors do you use and I would love to know your skin color, hair color to compare with mine.

They are pricey so I would love to get some feedback first. I read the reviews, they are mostly positive with a few 3 stars.

Regular Contributor

Re: Lipstick Queen Question?

Hi gigy. I have 6 shades. 2 were a great deal at Ulta sold as a pair-Sinner (red) & Saint (pink). I got my others there too. They are Float, Medieval, Jean Queen and Hello Sailor. My favorites are Float, Medieval, Jean Queen. They are always in my purse. Medieval scared me at first but it's a very sheer red and I was surprised at how much I love it. They are very creamy and no awful taste or smell. Sinner is a red. Not a red I would normally buy but it's okay.

I'm 50 yrs old, Med. Auburn hair(bottle) and I'm a light to med. complexion depending on the time of the year and which makeup brand I'm using.

Jean Queen is a rose pink and it's a good everyday color. Float is a sheer nude. Hello Sailor I use over other lipstick shades to enhance or change them. It's a dark blue but it works really good over other shades. Worn alone it doesn't show too much blue. More of a plum shade but sheer.

I just got back into wearing lipstick. I'm usually a gloss person. The Moxie from bareMinerals got me back into it.

IHTH

Trusted Contributor

Thanks makeuput, that does help me a lot. What is Ulta? I know they sell Lipstick Queen on ebay and often have free shipping.

Contributor

I have several of her lipsticks and they go on smooth and moisturizing but do not last at all. I got them in a collection but will not repurchase as in my opinion for the price it should have more lasting power.

Super Contributor

Ulta is a Beauty/cosmetic store. The sell a large variety from inexpensive brands to expensive brands.

Valued Contributor

They bleed on me. Loved the colors and the feel, but too much work, was constantly having to blot and clean up around my lips.

Honored Contributor

I've seen Lipstick Queen at Bloomingdales ..... if you have one near you, check out their testers for LQ.

Honored Contributor

I purchased a set of 3 lipsticks over 2 years ago. I thought they were just okay. I believe you are paying for the cute name. Right now I have Stila lipstick balm (very nice) in 3 different shades, Laura Mercier sheer lipstick, Trish MeEvoy, and Clarins. I like all of these better than the Lipstick Queen. I wish she would get a nose job with the money she is making. I know it's terrible to say but I had to.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I really like this brand. My favorite shade is Medieval which is a sheer red. My complexion is caramel brown, but this shade is toned to work on the fairest skintones and hair colors to the deepest mahogany skintone and blackest hair. Like the color Jean Queen it is a super popular shade for Poppy, so it's not in her normal grouping for the lipsticks. Let me explain it this way-- the Lipstick Queen has a full range of lipsticks, glosses and balms, but it was the simplicity of Sinner and Saint which put the brand on the map since lipstick is the only category in the brand for it's debut to the market. The Saints are sheer textured full color lipsticks and the Sinners are full color and opaque.

As for wear I think any lipstick lasts better starting with smooth balmed lips. If that doesn't help try applying a natural lip color stain under your lipstick or gloss. Any brand you like will do the trick, and yes ladies, this is a trick of the trade makeup artists use at photo shoots, runway shows, and film sets.

In USA retail including QVC, the brand is sold at Beauty.com, Amazon, Nordstrom, Ulta, Barneys, Urban Outfitters, Space NK (if you're lucky enough to have one in your area).

Respected Contributor

KatCat, your comments about Poppy's appearance really sadden me. I appreciate many of your posts, but I don't understand this at all.