Valued Contributor

Anyone tried Paula's Resist Finishing Powder?

I just ordered the foaming BHA 4% and decided to give the new finishing powder a try. I will post a review after I get it Smiley Happy

In the meantime, is anyone else using this?

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone tried Paula's Resist Finishing Powder?

Yes! I LOVE this powder. It doesn't 'show up' on the skin when you apply it ( I use the brush that came with it) so you won't get a wow factor when you look in the mirror BUT it just seems to keep your skin looking beautiful all day. Blurring factor they call it. Just a radiance that seems to get better as the day wears on.

I have Nars powder that she gave high marks to, hers is better in my opinion.

I won't be without it ever.

Her bronzer too, just beautiful on my light skin. I have a drawer full of bronzers but this one is my go to.

Her eyeshadow palette she just released is fabulous. I use it everyday.

She is also working on a cheek palette, I am certain it will be a winner too.

Super Contributor

I am going to try it also. It is on the way. I also ordered the new bronzer. Both products have really good reviews.

Super Contributor

I want to try her new powder and bronzer. I had both in my cart and at the last minute decided to just go with the 4% BHA. I have some other powder I need to use up and then will order these. Glad to hear those of you that have it already love itSmiley Happy

Super Contributor

I'm debating which color to get. I really, really don't need another powder, but alas, I can't help myself! I ordered her new bronzer which should arrive Monday - can't wait. Also ordered the 4% BHA really looking forward to that.
Super Contributor

PRPAULA20 for 20% off

Super Contributor

Great reviews. I normally wouldn't consider this as the first ingredient is talc, but the comments indicate it doesn't settle in lines and wrinkles. How does she do that??

Honored Contributor

On 3/7/2014 MarenSeattle said:

Great reviews. I normally wouldn't consider this as the first ingredient is talc, but the comments indicate it doesn't settle in lines and wrinkles. How does she do that??

Probably the same way Laura Mercier makes one of the best powder eyeshadows out there, and it's talc-based. I would imagine that whether you use talc or some other similar ingredient, it's all in the formulation and manufacturing process.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

On 3/7/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 3/7/2014 MarenSeattle said:

Probably the same way Laura Mercier makes one of the best powder eyeshadows out there, and it's talc-based. I would imagine that whether you use talc or some other similar ingredient, it's all in the formulation and manufacturing process.

I agree. I just looked at my Laura Geller sandbar shadows palette that I recently got and wear often and the first ingredient is talc! I was surprised but talc is definitely not created equal in all shadows and beauty products. I don't think I've tried a face powder with talc in years though because they usually look chalky and awful. If I try a finishing powder anytime soon, I will try paula's. Sounds promising for a finishing powder.