Respected Contributor

OT- For those of you who watch NJ Housewives

Heard on the radio this afternoon that Theresa & Joe have pled guilty & that he will go to prison for a minimum of 5 yrs while she will only get probation- I have watched the show a few times & couldn't believe how trashy they were & how incredibly obnoxious and ill-behaved their children were. If Bravo continues to support this family (thus condoning the behavior), I will lose all respect.

A "Real Housewives of New Jersey" star and her husband face prison time after they pleaded guilty Tuesday to federal fraud charges for concealing income and lying during bankruptcy proceedings.

In contrast to their often raucous on-screen personas, Teresa and Giuseppe "Joe" Giudice stood solemnly in front of U.S. Magistrate Esther Salas in Newark, speaking in barely audible tones as they admitted engaging in financial fraud.

Both pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and three types of bankruptcy fraud. Joe Giudice also pleaded guilty to failing to file a tax return for 2004, though he acknowledged he didn't file taxes on income of approximately $1 million between 2004 and 2008."

Super Contributor

Re: OT- For those of you who watch NJ Housewives

I would hope they pay back the some 11 million dollars they stole.
Trusted Contributor

I bet he won't have to do even half of whatever sentence he gets.

Super Contributor

MSN is saying they will each get jail time:

http://wonderwall.msn.com/tv/housewives-couple-pleading-guilty-in-fraud-case-1800699.story

Under federal guidelines, Joe Giudice faces a potential sentence of 37 to 46 months and Teresa Giudice could get 21 to 27 months.

Honored Contributor

They are both guilty as guilty can be. They deserve jail time.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Contributor

love the show. and love them but come on, did they really think it would never catch up to them! you dont mess with the government and think you'll never get caught.

Trusted Contributor

The key words in that sentence from the MSN article are, "potential" and "could."

Contributor

no it was just on the news

Super Contributor

Horrible show, horrible people who give our state a bad rap, along with the jersey Shore kids, most of whom aren't even from Jersey.

Contributor

awww come on lol u don't have G.T.L days lol i loved the jersey shore, i guess it's because it was so stupid it was funny gotta love pauly d