Respected Contributor

O/T Any one here try Nutrisystem?

I would like opinions good or bad on anyone that tried it. I need to loose weight but I am failing at weightwatchers. I seem to be hungry all the time. I thought about ordering this from the Q. for it seems cheaper than the nutrisystem website. I also noticed the nutrisystem plan at walmart. I think it was a 1 week package of meals( something like that)

Is the food good? filling? I like the idea of the weekends off plan.

Super Contributor

Re: O/T Any one here try Nutrisystem?

My SIL did. Well, for maybe a week. She thought the food disgusting.
Honored Contributor

have seen lots of the food at Big Lots....seems to be loaded with chemicals and looks dehydrated and unappetizing; am sure it would be tough for me to subsist on it for any length of time.

Super Contributor

I tried it thru a TSV at QVC a few yrs ago, lost 15 lb. Tasty - OK, not 5-star restaurant chef tasty but great for shelf stable/non-refrig. food!

My problem is I have a teenage son still at home, so if I'm eating the NS food, I'm still having to fix my son's food, and he's not an eater of any leftovers. Thus, it was quite a hassle.

AND don't fall for the $9-10/day pricing. That includes ONLY the entree for 3 meals PLUS 1 very, very tiny snack. You'll spend MUCH more for all the fresh veggies, fruits, and dairy products you are to eat along with their very small entrees.

You'll not be hungry IF you really chow down on the veggies and salad stuff.

Respected Contributor

I think I will cancel weight watchers and try ediets which is half the price.

Honored Contributor

I did it a bunch if years ago. I only liked a handful of foods and burned out from eating the same thing every day. A friend did it and lost 100 pounds. She liked not having to worry about what to eat and didn't mind the food. She didn't do maintenance, got married, had a couple kids and gained it all back.

Trusted Contributor

I tried Nutrisystem a few years ago to help me lose my baby weight. I am a very picky eater and the food was not for me. My husband and I ended up trading foods so that it wasn't a total waste of money. The breakfasts were okay, but the rest left much to be desired. From what I remember, I still had to prepare a lot of my own foods (salads, fruits, etc.). I ended up sick of salads and hungry most of the time.

Occasional Contributor

I started Nutrisystem last summer with two of the 5 day kits purchased at Walmart. I didn't really think five days was sufficient time to know if the program would work for me. The portion size is a little scary but I was amazed that I didn't feel hungry. After completing ten days, I decided to take the plunge and ordered but with the frozen foods instead of all "shelf" food. Not all of the foods hit a homerun with me, but I have found a number of foods that I like which I order each month. Since last July, I have lost 53 pounds. I agree that it is expensive, but I had gained quite a bit of weight during chemo (steroids and a mindset that I was entitled to eat what I wanted because I had cancer) which I could not lose. After surviving cancer, I value my health more than ever so that increases my commitment to losing weight. The "big secret" to Nutrisystem is portion control and ingredients. Protein shows up in ample supply in most of the items...including desserts. That definitely helps you feel satisfied. Hope this helps...
Respected Contributor

Marie Osmond lost a ton of weight on NutriSystem...,.Supposedly. However, judging by her face, she also had liposuction, tummy tuck and the list goes on.

You need to eat real food. Small portions with vegetables and fruit. Diet needs to be a way of life. Save the money to buy new clothes.

Good Luck with any choice you make!!

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/2/2014 DogLvr said:

Marie Osmond lost a ton of weight on NutriSystem...,.Supposedly. However, judging by her face, she also had liposuction, tummy tuck and the list goes on.

You need to eat real food. Small portions with vegetables and fruit. Diet needs to be a way of life. Save the money to buy new clothes.

Good Luck with any choice you make!!

I agree with you about Marie ... she has had tons of work done on her face & body ... I always liked Marie but, lately when I see her in the NutriSystem commercials I find her to be extremely phoney .. she is not the same person she used to be.