Respected Contributor

advice and question re Bobbi Brown cream shadows

several people have mentioned that they like her long wearing cream shadows. One person said she wears Bone, which I don't see listed in the color selection. I am looking for a pale neutral to bring my deep set eyes out a little. Would Sandy Gold be a good choice? is there a lot of shimmer to it? if so that wouldn't work for me. Last year I tried the "cheap" alternative of Maybelline's long wearing cream shadows, called Inked or Tattoo or something. Anyhow they were so glittery/shimmery they were unwearable on me. My eyelids are a bit crepey.

what do you think?

Harmonize the World
Contributor

Re: advice and question re Bobbi Brown cream shadows

Smoochy, I haven't tried Sandy Gold, but Beach Honey is a nice neutral. It has no glitter and is a bit warmer toned than it appears on her website. I love this formula as I had no problem with creasing and for me, it was longwear!
Respected Contributor

oh thanks Smilealot. It is impossible to figure out what that color will look like in person. I have looked at it several times. good to know there is no shine to it.

Harmonize the World
Super Contributor

I love the BB cream shadows, and if you wear an eyelid primer like Mally's base, they will last all day and into the night.

It's best to see them in person, as many of hers DO have shimmer, but some don't.

I hate glitter, so I use Slate (grayish) and Stone (brownish taupe) and Heather (a soft lilac)

Ballet is a soft pinky-flesh tone. Many like the Sandy but the Beach something is better. They have them at Bloomingdales and I recommend that you see them.

I also like the Mac Paint Pots--- Painterly and Camel are soft neutrals---they have many! These are cream. All are best applied with a brush.

Respected Contributor

hmm. I am about fifty miles from a BB counter, however I go to that town once a week for something else. Might go a little early next week and take a look at the eye makeup in person. That way I would know exactly what I was getting.

Harmonize the World
Super Contributor

Smoochy, tomorrow, Friday, is the last day for her Friends & Family 20% off sale. If you have questions, you can have a chat in person or online with a makeup artist. I don't believe the discount applies in stores.

Valued Contributor

Another vote for Beach Honey! It's a beautiful light peachy tone that give just a touch of slight shimmer (NOT GLITTER). It wears like iron and makes my blue eyes pop. It's very flattering and pairs well with Bobbi's gel liner.
Frequent Contributor

I love her shadow stick in vanilla! Thought it might be yellow but isn't and looks gorgeous on my eyelids. Lasts all day and makes my aged lids look totally smooth.

Respected Contributor

I have deep set eyes also and always use light colors on the eyelid. I got pink ballet several years ago and hated it.Its not a pretty pink so I would stay away from that. Just go to her website and look for the ones that don't have shimmer. I don't like shimmer either. It says on her site which ones are shimmer and which ones are matt. I do have her matt orchid one and it is beautiful!

Valued Contributor

Sandy Gold is very shimmery. I have older lids too and agree with you on the Color Tattoo shadows. I'm really liking the Avon Extra Lasting shadow pencils. They are about the same as the higher end shadow sticks on the market including BB's and less glittery than Mallys. They do have some shimmer but for some reason they don't accentuate the texture of an older lid. It actaully makes them look better as the bit of shimmer bounces light off them and detracts from any crepe. They are more sheer than the Color Tattoo and less glittery.

Try the Shimmering Sand, Amethyst, and Smoldering Plum for some definition. The Topaz, and Crystal Taupe are also pretty. I have them all except the violet. So pretty and easy to apply and last most of the day. They were on sale for $3.50 each but they have sales on them from time to time. The BB is overpriced and they do dry out in the pot.