Occasional Contributor
I have tried many qvc products and love them all: wèn, philosophy, bare minerals, it cosmetics, Laura gellar just to name a few. My question is which cream/serum is the best for early signs of aging? I am 44 and have a few wrinkles on the forehead and eye area. I cannot seem to find one that I can say has diminished these signs. Any suggestions?
Valued Contributor

Re: Best anti aging cream??????

Sunscreen!!!! After that there are so many anti aging creams out there you just have to become knowledgeable about ingredients (some ladies on here are really helpful in this area) and also use the type of cream you prefer to have on (light weight, extra moisturizing, gel, natural etc). I happen to really like SKINN Crème Reverse because of the ingredients and the texture but there are many to choose from.

Honored Contributor

I really like Dr Denese Hydroshield. I have some fine lines, but no wrinkles. Hydroshield works to hydrate and plump my skin to help hide the fine lines.

There's no such thing as a "best" skincare product or line. There are good ingredients to look for, but if there were one "best" product available, there wouldn't be thousands of competitors because they would all lose. My advice is research ingredients and then look for products in your price range that have those ingredients.

You should probably look into a Retin A product. If you can, go to a dermatologist and get a prescription version and suggestions for a regimen that's best for your skin and the issues you want to address. And, as Virgosun advised, always use sunscreen when the sun is up, even if it's hidden behind clouds - the UV light that damages skin gets through the clouds. I made that mistake during a middle school softball practice and haven't forgotten since. Matrixyl is also a great ingredient to look for - Google it to see what to look for in an ingredient list, because Matrixyl is a brand name and you usually have to check the label for the peptides that make it up.

Super Contributor

Have you looked at JM Milk Serum? The reviews are 99% 5 stars. That is the next thing I plan on trying since I already use her argan oil.

Honored Contributor

Judging by ingredients LG's does not even come close. I would consider Skinn's Creme Reverse, Dimitri's new jewel.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think there is one. I have tried Dr D, Olay, Creme Reverse, Stem Rejen. Non work. I am now using Boots 7. It's your genes & all you can do is use a good moisturizer to plump the skin temporarily. Or Botox.

Contributor

Welcome aboard!! Just yest came across a poster who recommended A235129 Murad Intensive Age Diffusing Serum. Please put this item in the above Search Bar...you should find an enthusiastic user relating her dramatic results using this and A254716 Skin and Co. Truffle Therapy Anti Aging Serum. The Murad product even has a couple before/after eye photos. She reported both products worked well on her oily skin. You prob have some other moisturizers to use over the serum.

Try to find an SPF eye creme...Shiseido has one. As previously mentioned, be faithful using facial sunscreen. Wear good sunglasses that esp cover your outer eye area. Read yest where one wears a hat to help protect the face. When you have time, watch the videos on the above mentioned items. Hope you find a product/s that works for you. If you are comfortable, keep us posted on your progress.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks everyone for your wonderful suggestions!!
Respected Contributor

Duh! SunscreenSmiley Happy

Super Contributor

With all the brands I have used over the years... I have come to the conclusion that nothing topically REALLY does anything except make your skin perhaps more moist and look less dry. I have tried $50 creams and $300 creams... in fact some of the cheap ones I felt did more in making my skin feel good than the expensive one! The older I get, I am less buying in on all the topical serum and skin cream hype. I focus on good skin care, sunscreen etc, and taking care of my nutritional needs top priority. Healthy fats, no sugar, lots of green vegetables very low carb and high quality proteins.

Look at pictures of you mother and father as they aged. Your genetics play a huge part in how your skin will age, and nothing shy of sunscreen and healthy lifestyle really will stop that kind of aging. I think today we have a lot of new information on what ages skin, and so if you start young with good skin care and lifestyle, you may not end up the aging skin that your Mother ended up with.